1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

My bike won bike of the month.

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by jonrms, Sep 25, 2010.

1. jonrms

jonrms Member

See this page http://nogginsbikes.com/yamaha_maxim_700_chop.html

but look at this.... My son .... on MY bike... this is the last time he sits on it!!! :lol:

Please note... I still have to tidy the electrics.. and put something over the carbs... as it chucked it down on the way home last night and I had to get the break down to come and rescue me... put water in my carbs... ARRRGH

any ideas welcome!

[​IMG]
    By jonrms at 2010-09-25

2. jonrms

jonrms Member

3. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

Looks good
    Put on a passanger seat, get that boy a helmet and take him for a ride. Just don't tell mom.

4. andrewlong

andrewlong Member

Congrats! Beautiful bike

Your son looks like a natural rider.. he's even got the "I'm a badass" look in the first pic lol

5. iwingameover

iwingameover Active Member

yeah nice looking bike.

I thought that was the "I know where you keep the keys...." look.

6. skillet

skillet Active Member

CONGRATS!!! There's GOOD reason it won :wink: ...

skillet

7. Mad_Bohemian

Mad_Bohemian Active Member

Either that or he's practicing his ... " How you doin'?" (said like Joey from Friends..) to use on the ladies. 8) He's looks about the same age my sons were when I began hammering home the one bit of advice that would serve them the rest of their life..I would tell them "What's the #1 most important rule to remember??.. Girls are trouble!" 8O seems to have worked so far.. they are both in the early 20's with no stray grand babies (that I know of) 8O
    Great lookin' bike Jon!! not surprised at all that it won! Excellent work!

8. Cmccully04

Cmccully04 Member

very nice chop man, you should be proud.

9. jonrms

jonrms Member

Thanks everyone.. I am very pleased about it.. It is however not done/ finished... I still have to fab something to cover the exposed carbs (K&N) because it didnt half suck in alot of water when I was riding about the other day.. and I had to get it recovered.

I also am having a new top slab made up for the top yoke... I dont like the original... or I might put springer front end on...

I am also building a oil tank (hee hee not functional!) so that I can hide all my electrics in it... and I really want to solve the issue with my acewell speedo... cant get it to read the right speed and with all the speed traps in england its not good... I can easily loose my licence...

I also need to get from chacle (sorry spelling) some carb gaskets.. for the bowls. and hopefully some new screws that dump your fuel in the carbs... is in the float... as mine are ducked!

There is a few more bits and bobs I want.. like gaskets for the top head and well engine set really... as I would like to paint and chrome most of it... so will see....

But I really couldnt have done this without the help of this club either... I need to update that page/mag and let them know about this club too... the advice has been very helpfull...

10. jonrms

jonrms Member

sorry I havnt posted in a while.. been busy working on my chop... bloody hard tails.. and here was me wanting one.. my back... christ!!!! kills.

so now the dreded hidden mono shock MUST be installed and fitted... along with a few other things that need fitting... the bike is also getting another custom paint job since beeing stored and roughly worked on during the winter... not to mention a heck of a service.. I have been riding my other pride and joy.. a st1100 pan european.. oh well... its a x police bike and is great for long trips... honda what else can you say..

so more pics should be coming up soon on my chop.. and hopefully some shows along with some trophys... fingers crossed.

11. Zookie400

Zookie400 Active Member

PICS!!!

12. jonrms

jonrms Member

lol you have to wait.. be patient... lots and lots of work is still being done.. I have to juggle this with doing another hobby atm.

but watch this space... hopefully it should be ready and finished (for now) in the next month or two.

taken me nearly 2 years to get this far.... ALOT of work has been done so far... and alot more still required.

13. jonrms

jonrms Member

one hour left before wife comes home and then more work on this chop.... mondays are chop days...

tuesdays are riding day..

wednesdays are what ever I want to do.

thursdays are stay at home nights.

fridays are party nights

and the weekend.. well I dont remember what I do most of the time.

lol

anyway pics are soon to be coming.. nearing the end of this part...

still got a few (never ending this isnt it!) bits to do.