1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How to Upload Photos successfully!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by BAREfoot, Feb 27, 2011.

1. BAREfoot

BAREfoot Member

Hey everyone..

There are a lof of people on here that can't upload a photo to a thread properly or whatever... I love come'n on here and seeing whate everyone has been doing from small to large mods and even restoration of an original bike.. so this is to help you guys out so we can see what you've got go'n on...

Step one: open an account on photobucket here's the link > www.photobucket.com

Step two: log into your account and hit the upload button to get your pics on photobucket. **** :!: remember that the size you upload them on there are probably going to be the size they come on here!!*** so keep them smaller so they can be viewed easily

Step three: when you are in your album and see all your pics together, scroll your cursor over the pic you want to select WITHOUT ACTUALLY CLICKING IT.....( a box will open under your photo: EMAIL AND IM, DIRECT LINK, HTML CODE, IMG CODE are your choices) Scroll down to the last one :arrow: IMG code and click once on the letters inside the smaller box..it will copy automatically when you click on it

Step four: go to where you want to post it and right click your mouse or pad (on PC) i don't know anything about MAC's.. and hit paste! you're done :)

To make sure the photo will come up in your reply or post hit the preview button before submitting it... that easy!!

:!: If you delete that photo on photobucket, it will no longer work on here! :!:

Now lets see what you guys have going on!!!!

I hope one of the staff members can Post this permanently on a few different Forum Boards so it can be used as a quick reference for people...
    thanks..

2. waldo

waldo Member

Thanks Barefoot is there a way to post sound clips to. Pictures sure make explaining things a lot easier.

3. Metal_Bob

Metal_Bob Active Member

Actual I prefer to use the thumbnail for forums link instead.

Then instead of loading 50 huge photos, viewers load 50 small thumbnails instead . Then people can click and load larger pictures as desired.

I could provide actual directions as needed.

4. BAREfoot

BAREfoot Member

i'm not sure about sound clips, but there's gotta be an uploader if you search google... i've only delt with pics and vids (youtube)

as for the thumbnails, they're good but it sucks having to go back and forth all the time when reading about the pic (especailly when someone is describing directions)