1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

CHECK IT OUT... My 82 XJ 1100 Custom Bobber is done

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by F.H., Feb 16, 2011.

1. 2sluggos

2sluggos Member

VERY NICE! I love the handle bars and especially the headlight. It gives it a 'bulldog' look. That's what I was shooting for. What kind of headlight is it? Is it stock?

2. kentownsend

kentownsend Member

WOW! that is perfect! i like how simple and minimal it is, yet nice and a bit mean looking. what did you do to make that exhaust? you should put some photos up on how you made the exhaust!

i really like this, and i hope you dont mind but i might borrow some of your ideas for mine. this is the first one i have seen that i want to try.

3. spr203

spr203 New Member

sweet ride

4. F.H.

F.H. Member

Thanx guys,

NewKid510 and 2sluggos: I made the handle bars myself... and the head light is stock.

Kentownsend: the headers and the the y-sections are stock, I only build the exhaust from the y-sections ---> back. just go to Auto Zone and buy some exhaust tubes (any size you want, mine are 2.5" I believe) and buy a couple of adapters that will fit the new tubes on one side - and the mouth of the y-sections on the other. Get some clamp rings, clamp them, then wrap it with header wrap....

Since the pictures I have also made some velocity stacks and tuned it with stage III dyno jets... it is fast... and it sounds meaner than hell...

5. mtnbikecrazy55

mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

old thread, but great looking bike. clean and well done. nice.

6. TFD56

TFD56 Member

I know this is a relatively older thread but I have a question. I noticed the handle bar controls are very similar to Harley Controls. They have the seperate turn signal switches on both sides . I want to do this with an XJ650. I have the larger 1" bars mounted with everything looking great, I just can't figure out how to wire it up to the XJ's wiring harness. Any insight?

7. commanderdrako

commanderdrako Member

Very nice looking bobber!