1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aftermarket Throttle

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by wallyc72, Apr 1, 2011.

1. wallyc72

wallyc72 New Member

So i am putting the Front brake master cylinder on the bars. on my 82 Seca 750. I want to change out the throttle. I don't need any switches or buttons on the throttle assembly like the stock one. Any suggestions on what throttle set up to use. I am using stock carbs.

2. wallyc72

wallyc72 New Member

Looks like I found what I'm looking for.

TC Bros.

3. behningl

behningl New Member

I am looking at changing to the handlebar mount master cylinder as well, where did you find the master cylinder?

4. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

Just about any Yamaha left throttle assembly will work to replace yours, that has the engine kill switch, and starter button on it.
    If your getting rid of the cable activated master cylinder, it can be replaced with one from any bike that has dual disc front brakes. I'm gathering the parts to do mine also (handlebar master cylinder and steel brakelines)
    I'm looking at master cyliinders from 4 wheelers, that have dual disc brakes up front, so the master cylinders from them should work.
    The master cylinder from a Yamaha FZ6 works on these bikes if you can find one (other Yamaha bikes also)
    You want to find one that has the brake light switch on it also. There's plenty of them for sale on Ebay.

5. ExoOoR

ExoOoR New Member

I just got a 1981 Yamaha seca XJ750 which a difficult bike to find parts, and i just found that the part that goes under the boot of the master cylinder is sooo rusted but can't find just that part, but if i want to change the whole part which motorcycle master cylinder can fit this one?

6. ExoOoR

ExoOoR New Member

I'm new to all of these but I checked the master cylinder of the "FZ6 - FZ600SS - 2004" and my question is, do I have to make any modifications? or I just have to change it?
    Thanks for the help.

7. laptop_geek

laptop_geek New Member

You will need to find a way to connect your calipers to the master cylinder. I am in the process of doing the same swap on my bike and am looking at different master cylinders to try. I found this one and might do that, but I read somewhere that the stock master cylinder has a 17.5 mm bore and this one only has a 14mm bore. It might work out ok, but I'm going to have to go home and do some calcs to find out how much fluid the stock calipers need and how much this one can move.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT-BR ... 19c713613a

8. HirsuitHeathen

HirsuitHeathen Member

9. hctbvum

hctbvum New Member