1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Project Bobber Parts available....

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by XJ1100, Apr 7, 2011.

1. XJ1100

XJ1100 Member

Hey guys, I think I'm finally going to pull the trigger and chop up my beautiful XJ1100. I'm going to follow Blackout550's thread and do something very similar. Basically all black, chop the rear, add some basic gauges, new bars, and new lights.

I will possibly have some original parts available when this is over. Working gauge cluster, side covers, fenders, original seat in perfect shape, exhaust pipes, turn signals, rear brake light, etc.

If anyone needs anything, let me know. I'm not sure when I'll actually start or when the parts will be available yet. I'm going to finish my Jeep project first.

2. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

I'm always looking for parts for my XJ1100. Keep me in mind when you start your project. Your XJ11 looks real nice, please consider starting with a different bike, Its rare to see a stock original in such nice condition.

3. XJ1100

XJ1100 Member

I agree, but I don't have the extra cash to pick up another bike. It pains me to do it, but I can't wait anymore. I love the look of the black-out bobbers.

4. mlew

mlew Well-Known Member

5. hardlucktx

hardlucktx Member

If you are not going to used the front brake M/C I am in need of one.

6. XJ1100

XJ1100 Member

Thanks mlew. But, I didn't pay that much for the bike I already have and it's in better shape than the one listed for $1500. And again, I don't have the extra cash to lay out for another bike PLUS the costs involved with chopping it up and painting it the way I want. I guess I'm just planning to make the bike I have better for me and the way I'd like it.

hardlucktx, I'm pretty sure I'll still be using the M/C . Sorry, I like stopping to much.

7. BAREfoot

BAREfoot Member

chop it up.. if it's not what you want exactly then riding it wont be fulfilling... good for you man.. they're not crazy unique and expensive bikes so it's not worth keeping it original.. plus they're ugly stock!...haha can't wait to see what you do

8. dwcopple

dwcopple Active Member

9. XJ1100

XJ1100 Member

That's exactly how I feel. If I don't like it the way it is, I should change it! I know it's sad to chop up a bike in such great shape, but I'm doing it.

Not sure how far I'll go or how drastic the changes will be, but it's not going to look stock!

Thanks for the words of encouragement. It's not going to be easy making the first few cuts.....

10. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

I agree. Chop it, bob it and make it your own. I don't care if it's a nice "stock" bike, it's useless if it don't fit you and you want something different. Stock sucks. Most bikes are made for the mass and not everyone will fit on them just the way they come from the factory. You have to "MAKE" it fit you or you'll probably be unhappy with it. More pwer to you if you can go out and buy a bike and ride it as is. I've always found room (alot) for improvement with all of my bikes.
    Of course, I like tinkering on my bikes almost as much as I like to ride them, but that's just me. PD

11. xj650_dude

xj650_dude Member

chop it up! make it your own man

12. BillB

BillB Active Member

Chop it man. Its gonna be sick!!!