1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

food and music

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Fongdingo, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Fongdingo

Fongdingo Member

What your fav. food and type of music?

Any other cooks/chefs out there?

2. Robert

Robert Active Member

Food is a daily excercise in pleasure to me. I dabble in the kitchen but would not go so far as to call myself a chef. I've barely got enough sense to know where to light my barbecue and that is about it.
    I'm fairly eclectic in musical tasts, from head banging to classical and all stops in between.
    How's that for starters?

3. samsr

samsr Member

I think My favorite might just be the elk summer sausage I made out of this years bull elk. Man It is good. As far as a cook or chef. People we have over say the wife and I should start a restraunt. Just normal food to me. Been eating it all my life. Some very old family recipies durring the hollidays would be my favorite. Probably the cinimon rolls.
    Music would be what is now called classic rock. I didn't know I was old till they started calling 80 and early 90 rock, classic

4. robista361

robista361 Member

I'd have to say my favorite food is seafood, you know ; lobster, shrimp, fish, clams and mermaids! I'd have to agree with sam on the music ,although I enjoy the 90s grunge and alot of todays new punkers as well.

5. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

I like a few Boston, North-End, Italian dishes most folks West off the Charles River have never heard of ... like: Chicken and Broccoli Deep Dish Pizza with light garlic and Black Olives.

Feh dat, you godda be abeh da fine Georgeio's on Paris Street 'roune nah corneh fron Ann-over.

There is only really one kind of music. Rock-'n-roll.
    Once upon a time, before iPods and MP3; there was AM Radio. The Great AM Radio Stations broadcast 50,000 Watts of Solid Gold Rock-'n-Roll Hit's into the airwaves that magically brought all that hit music to the earplug of your sister's transistor you snagged and hid under your pillow. The hit music upon which all other forms of popular music is based. We listened too:

"Double-you Enn Bee See"
    "Kay-Big-Radio"
    "Three Double-you Eeee"
    "Fifteen-fourty ... WPTR"
    "See-Kay-Elle-Double-you"

The music that happened then, was all brand new, to the Bona Fide Children of the 50's. You can't outgrow it and you can't live without it.

"This one broke into the Top-40 last week and is already heading for the top of the chart ... git-down and start dancin' ... here's Mitch Ryder and the Detroit Wheel's ... with ------- "fee-fee, fi-fi, foe-foe, fum -- Lookit Molly there ... here comes the ... 'Devil with a Blue Dress, Blue Dress, Blue Dress'"

6. ROBBY

ROBBY Member

I agree with the classic rock but the blues had a baby and they named it rock and roll. So without the blues there would be no rock and roll. I love the blues.

7. PainterD

PainterD Active Member

I'll have a steak (well done) or a plate of italian spagetti is always a favorite at our house.
    I will listen any kind of music (except rap crap)
    I like Journey, Bob Seager, Eric Clapton. etc. (Good ol' rock & roll)
    -and I like alot of country music also. I kinda jump around on the dial, depending on my mood at the time.

8. DarthBob

DarthBob Member

There is nothing better in this world than pizza and beer, except maybe more pizza and beer! and I'm talking the greasy bar room kind of pizza with all kinds of stuff that's bad for you on it, not that Papa Dominoes Hut crap. And while I'm sitting in one of my favorite dives enjoying this food of the gods, I'll amble over to the jukebox and play some Pogues.

9. ridz

ridz Member

Ah finally a topic i have some knowledge on. me i like a good steak and some king crab leg and a nice cold michelobe light to wash it down with. or maybe a nice cooked brisquet with mash potatoes and corn with a nice white chocalate cream pie for dessert. ill listen to some a\c d\c. boston, journey,fire fall,paul revere and the raiders,ccr,that creedence clear water revival to you young whipper snappers, and some timz some hank or waylon jennings. bad co, shoot sum timz i even break out a little aretha franklin and sum supremes diana had a good voice.motown is kickn too chickn.well enough said by me. 8)

10. Cannonjr23

Cannonjr23 Member

Play that country music white boy!!! lol i listen to pretty much everything from rock & role, some rap, into music like 30 seconds to mars, and alot of country! as for food, pizza and beer! but when i want to go all out, its a steak dinner!

11. Cannonjr23

Cannonjr23 Member

Play that country music white boy!!! lol i listen to pretty much everything from rock & role, some rap, into music like 30 seconds to mars, and alot of country! as for food, pizza and beer! but when i want to go all out, its a steak dinner!

12. redneckzombi

redneckzombi Member

Food: Anything vegan, especially if it's organic and/or raw. I'm way into cooking, so I eat quite a variety. I'm super-excited about it getting warmer out so I can get the garden going.

Music: Whatever. I grew up on a farm, so I'm way into country. Was a music major in college so lots of classical and jazz. Grew up going to punk/hardcore/metal shows, so lots of that stuff. I play in a hardcore band, so I listen to a lot of that by default... most just whatever's interesting honestly.