1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 XJ700N Crash Guards

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by paulcman, Jun 20, 2011.

1. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Hey, forum members! Finally getting around to introducing myself. I bought a 1985 Maxim XJ700N last year and have been working on making it the perfect first cruiser. To that end, I only need to find a good set of crash bars with highway pegs to make those long hauls more comfortable.

I have been looking for guards specific to my model and year, but am having very little success. Does anyone know if other models/years are compatible? Or, is there a good (inexpensive) aftermarket option I should explore?

I appreciate any help you can provide. I will be posting pictures of my bike very soon.

2. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

I have a set of mint ones, they are black, but do not have the pegs

3. paulcman

paulcman New Member

If they will fit the XJ700N, I would be interested in buying, assuming that you are interested in selling! Can you post or send a pic of the guards?

4. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

pm me your e mail address and I'll shoot you pictures. They are black, oem with 11k miles on them

5. XJNEWFIE

XJNEWFIE Member

I've also got a set, chrome ones (slightly rusty) with pegs.

I won't be using them, but not sure if it would be worth the shipping from Newfoundland, Canada.

If the other set don't work out for you, let me know and I'll send ya some pics and a shipping quote.

6. littlegiant

littlegiant Member

You may find them on Ebay frm time to time. I borrowed a set a while before hoping to fabricate them in INDIA cheap, turned out it was expensive and brought it back in vain.
    XJNEWFIE..if you dont donate them to paulcman..i plan to take a road trip next yr to NEWFY..and you may toss them on me. thnx

7. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Thanks for all the options, guys! Mcrwt644, I tried to send you a pm... I think it worked.

8. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Mcrwt644, I keep trying to send the PM, but it is not going to the sentbox. So, my email is pcarras@mi.rr.com. Thanks again!

9. mcrwt644

mcrwt644 Member

They'll be on their way tomorrrow Paul, thanks!

10. paulcman

paulcman New Member

Mcrwt644, I finally got them installed (who knew that frame bolts and engine mounts couldn't be removed easily with cheap hand tools... go figure) and they look great! Next step, pegs! And pics once I figure out how to do that...