1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Carb rebuild kit question

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Lohnair, Mar 12, 2007.

1. Lohnair

Lohnair Member

I picked up some rebuild kits, figured I'd go ahead and do that while the carb rack was off the bike anyway. Problem is, I don't know what all the little bits in the kit are for. Obviously there's the float needle and seat, and the o-ring for that. Then I have one o-ring that looks like it's for the drain screw, a smaller o-ring that I have no idea where it goes, and a small metal cylindar with a hole in the middle which I also have no clue where it goes, if anywhere. FYI: this is for an 82 550 seca with Mikunis.

Any help would be appriciated.

Lohnair

2. Russxlr8s

Russxlr8s Member

Sometimes those kits give you a replacement inlet feed "T" which has an Oring on each side and pushes between the carbs, but if you didn't get instructions on the rebuild kit, post a picture of the layout of parts you got, that will help identify them and we can probably help. You might want to contact Dynojet and others or check their websites to see if you can get an instruction manual.
    You'll have a replacement float needle, and seat which is a cylinder that presses in with an O-ring on it, some have a little Y bracket the holds the seat in place, some don't.
    Is it like this ? Just open , find the seca 550 to view the kit.
    seca 550 carb rebuild kit

3. Lohnair

Lohnair Member

Those are definately the o-rings I have, but without the little cylindar. I'll post a pic when I can, probably tomorrow. Thanks.

Lohnair

4. DarthBob

DarthBob Member

The little o-rings are for the mixture screws. I was never sure what the little metal cylinder was for, but it does fit right in over the mixture screws.

5. Lohnair

Lohnair Member

Ah! I wondered if the small o rings were for the mixture screws, but I didn't want to pull them out without consulting the site first.

Lohnair