1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1982 maxim fork question

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by rikinwyoming, Aug 8, 2011.

1. rikinwyoming

rikinwyoming New Member

So, I started my build thread on here but I have a question. My 1982 maxim 750 has the two piece bars and it has air fed forks in the front. I would like to have a more standard triple tree on the front that has regular forks (not air) and have a standard triple tree so I can have a easier time putting more "normal" handle bars on instead of the two piece variety...

any ideas on what would interchage so that I keep my front rim/tire/brake combo?

would something like this or this work?
    http://www.tboltusa.com/store/trc-bar-risers-p-483.html
    http://www.bikebandit.com/powermadd-uni ... bar-risers

2. Ledicott96

Ledicott96 Member

No ideas on the forks but I think a seca 750 top yoke, pretty sure it will fit then you will be able to pt proper bars on.
    Al

3. rikinwyoming

rikinwyoming New Member

Well I came up with two parts bikes yesterday, both 1983's,,, one is an xs400 and the other a xv920,,, according to what I have read the fork diameter on the xv920 is identical, as are the rims and tires,,, so I think I will try the top triple tree on that one as it has regular style bars and such...

4. MiGhost

MiGhost Well-Known Member

Lower 48 in general. Otherwise Central Mitten.
    You can unbolt, and remove the the handle bar mounting nubs. Then drill out the holes and use your choice of riser to change from the modular handle bar to your choice round tube bar. Pretty standard mod.

Ghost