1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

'81 CX never looked so good.

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by hawkeyemike, Oct 4, 2011.

1. hawkeyemike

hawkeyemike New Member

2. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

bike looks good. But to be honest after owning several cx 500s i am not found of the bike in general. This is just my opinion of them they are supposto be very reliable but if the stator goes out (common problem with them) or the water pump starts leaking you have to pull the motor to fix. They seem very top heavy I am guessing because the seat height is so high. They feel like a big bike with a underpowered motor. At the same time i had my cx i had a cl350 liked it better felt more natural riding. The cx650 is a lot better bike. But if it wasnt my regular ride would be neat

3. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Even on the mainstand it has that "too high" in the front look - a cafe should look level (my opinion) It does look good otherwise.

Where's the battery??

4. hawkeyemike

hawkeyemike New Member

The description says the battery is a new lithium jobby that is very small. He must have put it under the seat.

I think the transformation is really great... like snooki to Demi great.

5. wamaxim

wamaxim Active Member

Au contraire on pulling the engine for a water pump leak. My GL500 (same bike but with all the plastic) developed a water pump leak. I bought the ceramic seal at the dealer and his mechanic replaced the seal in less than an hour on a Saturday morning. I was going on a 500 mile group ride the next day. Don't know how he did it but it was the best hour of labor I ever spent!

Loren

6. markie

markie Member

In the UK the CX was named a "Plastic maggot"! They never were the most attractive of bikes, although I fancied the "E" model with sporty styling.
    It is probably the v engine which doesn't suit the cafe look although the owner has completed the bike to a very high standard.

For the money - I'd want Ken007's RD350LC!!!

7. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

My Vstrom1000 is the only bike ever built that's uglier then a CX.....but it's kinda grown on me over the years.....an ugly girl will do that as long as she has a great personality<LOL>......and while I'm impressed with the quality of the work, the subject bike wasn't much to start with....kinda like giving hillary a makeover....why?

That said, I also think the CX650 Turbo is one of the best looking bikes ever sold, right along with the red GT380, silver 900SS duc, XN85 and of course the 75 purple H2 Kaw.

jeff