1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

FJ600 Streetfighter project

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by neilxjr, Sep 28, 2010.

1. clipperskipper

clipperskipper Member

Looks great, don't they clean up nicely?

2. neilxjr

neilxjr New Member

I had an idea that the Radian top yoke would fit, fork legs are same dia, distance between legs are the same etc, ( only found this out from seller on ebay by asking about the measurements before I bought it ) well luck was on my side as they fitted perfectly , no adjustments required , my only regret was not getting one WITH the bar risers still fitted, so I had to do a bit of searching and waiting for them, but the waiting paid off when I took the gamble on some risers off a monkey bike , which fit nicely, anything with a 10mm x 55mm or longer bolt through the yoke bushes should fit , also make sure you get the top yoke chrome bolt too .
    hope thats some help .
    Cheers, Neil.

Attached Files:

3. scott-s

scott-s Member

Sweet! It looks like the holes for the gauge mounts are the same, too. Can you measure the holes on both yokes? Would we still be able to use the FJ600 gauges on the Radian top tree?

4. neilxjr

neilxjr New Member

Hi, yeh held up the speedo /gauges bracket up to the top yoke and its a perfect fit, ( mine is a 1985 fj600 and I dont know what age the radian was , but it fits mine fine, if later models are different I would'nt know. Im not fitting the original clocks /gauges ( they would look a bit oversized without the fairing etc ) im fitting bandit ones , which I will have to do some alterations on the brackets , thats the easy'ish bit , hey .
    I still yet have to sort out which wires go where from the FJ harness to the bandit clocks , now that will be fun . ( I managed to get a copy of the wiring diagram for the bandit which should help ). :?

5. hawkeyemike

hawkeyemike New Member

Great project...

Any chance you know if a wider tires would have worked front and back (even if it meant different rims that fit), say 130 in the back and 110 in the front?

6. wizard

wizard Active Member

You've still got the work stand on there, you can't have a street fighter with a work stand, here's one I did earlier.[​IMG]

7. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

The FJ600 (and Radian) are pretty much the same physical dimensions as the 550s; the Radian uses the 550 Maxim frame.

A 110 in the front would likely rub; you can run a 100 rather than a 90 with no issue. A 130 rear will work on a 16" wheel (like the Maxim) if you're using an 18" rear wheel, I don't think you can stuff anything wider than a 120 in there without it rubbing. (A 120 will fit though; so will a 4.00-18.)

8. neilfj600

neilfj600 New Member

Hi, im back, had to start account again as i could'nt get passwords to work.
    So, the 600 streetfighter is nearly finished, mot'd now , just a few little tidy ups and adjustments to do .

9. neilfj600

neilfj600 New Member

:D

10. neilfj600

neilfj600 New Member

nearly finnished