1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

WTB XJ700N or XJ750 ignition coil

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by cruzmystar, Apr 7, 2007.

1. cruzmystar

cruzmystar Member

well my cylinder 1&4 coil crapped out the other day so i'm hoping to find a good used one. bike is an 85 xj700n but someone swapped the motor for a 750 so i honestly have no idea which bike the coils are from. i would even consider a good used pair. thanks. shipping would be to bellingham, wa. 98226

2. bosozoku

bosozoku Member

If you can't find what you're after...

Early Honda VF engines have coils that will work with little modification: their coils are the right resistance and the same physical size as XJ coils, so they will bolt on with minimal adjustment.
    They should be easy to find (and relatively cheap) at the boneyards in your area.

I installed a set a few years ago for a friend, and it only took a primary wiring adapter and a 1/4" spacer under the coil mounts. It looks stock unless you look closely enough to see the manufacturer's ID.

3. cruzmystar

cruzmystar Member

thanks for the info. i'll look into that if i can't come up with anything else.

4. capy

capy Member

I have an extra set of 85xj700n coils if you are still in need. One is perfect, the other one was used for science but still works good. It was used as a cadaver for a ignition mod I did. I had a picture of it but deleted it a couple of days ago. I can send you a pic if you would like.

5. cruzmystar

cruzmystar Member

sure, i'll take some pics. what cylinders are the coil for that was experimented on? i guess i haven't looked at it good enough yet to know if wires can be swapped around or not. what are you looking to get for them?

thanks,
    nick

6. capy

capy Member

You have Email.