1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

xj550....... wider wheels ??

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by oz_johnno, Apr 10, 2012.

1. oz_johnno

oz_johnno New Member

Hi there,
    Im looking at my xj550 and was wondering what my options were re width of wheels. Are there wider wheels (preferably wire wheels) that will fit the xj550?? I would also prefer if I kept the back brake as a drum brake....

Cheers

OZ

2. mechanicalmadness

mechanicalmadness Member

Hmm not entirely sure to be honest. I went with a 120 fron on an aloy rim off of a ninja. I miscalcilated the rear or my rear would be a 160(or was it a 150 can't remember lol). Anyway I plan on getting my cafe bike done for the summer, then its getting torn back apart come winter so that I can fab up a wider swing arm and do a few other things to it. My main reason though was safety. Im also runing the ninja front end which is stiffer. And I have dual front rotors and calipers. The whole front setup weighs less than its xj counterpart. Same holds true for the rear as well.

3. mechanicalmadness

mechanicalmadness Member

Hmm not entirely sure to be honest. I went with a 120 fron on an aloy rim off of a ninja. I miscalcilated the rear or my rear would be a 160(or was it a 150 can't remember lol). Anyway I plan on getting my cafe bike done for the summer, then its getting torn back apart come winter so that I can fab up a wider swing arm and do a few other things to it. My main reason though was safety. Im also runing the ninja front end which is stiffer. And I have dual front rotors and calipers. The whole front setup weighs less than its xj counterpart. Same holds true for the rear as well.