1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Made a few changes!

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by prince_albert3, Apr 29, 2012.

1. prince_albert3

prince_albert3 Member

I switched to the 750 maxim tank and matching side covers. The colors looks like a dark blue but is actually a super dark purple in the right sunlight. I know, purple is purple is purple. Maybe I'll call it Barney from now on! I don't mind either way. You really have to be inspecting it to notice the color.

Next is the current windshield you see mounted. I scored that baby on Craigslist for $30. Now, some of you may remember the full size Plexifairing that I restored. Why did I go through the trouble if I wasn't going to use it? Well, frankly, it was to good of a deal to pass up. It didn't come with all the mounting hardware but for $20 I couldn't walk away. I have never actually mounted it, just propped it up in place. It looks big but I might drill out the hardware holes on the windshield and adapt the Slipstream hardware you see in this pic. This may or may not be done for an Iron Butt ride I am planning this summer....

Last, are the mini floor boards you see on my crash bar. I really like these! They allow me a little more range of motion when I use the forward pegs. On longer rides, its quite nice. I pulled these from a Goldwing, at my local bike yard, for a mere $10!

Anyway, here are a few pics...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Davidkal

Davidkal Member

I used to live in franklin pa,,,,,due north of you.

3. prince_albert3

prince_albert3 Member

Right on, I know Franklin. Let me know if your ever in the area.

4. CallMeV

CallMeV New Member

Could you possibly give me a link for those front gators? Thanks!

5. mtnbikecrazy55

mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

What bars are those?

6. prince_albert3

prince_albert3 Member

V~ I cannot, for the life of me, remember where the fork boots came from. Some mail order for sure, though. Sorry I couldn't help.

mtn~ No special brand or anything. Just a basic set of low rise bars. I think the style has a name but I can't recall. someone else may name it for me...

7. Mikeswift

Mikeswift New Member

Len sells the gator boots just send him a pm.