1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 Maxim 650 owner from Kansas

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by elledge77, May 22, 2012.

1. elledge77

elledge77 New Member

My work-in-progress Maxim.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    The bike has 8,931 miles on it, hasn't run since 1997 or so, been garaged the entire time though. Gonna work on seeing if it'll start in a week or two, first step of course is a thorough cleaning.

I'll keep it updated, though it'll be slow going at first, as the bike is at my mom's house about 10 miles from me. It's my late dad's bike and I'd really like to get it up and running again.

2. skillet

skillet Active Member

WELCOME and GOOD LUCK with it!!! Lots of HELP and how-tos when you need it!!!

skillet

3. Spoodle44

Spoodle44 Member

Welcome aboard!

If it has ben sitting for 15 yrs, you have some work aheadof you. Better peeps than me will be here to chimein soon, I'm sure.

Search for threads on rear brake delamination, church of clean for the carbs, and look into cleaning the tank of rust/gummy sludge/ etc. You will want brake lines, tires, anything that might be safety related... just check them at least. Tires and brakes don't age all that. Even when not used. Sittin, for a bike, can be as bad as geting abused. Worse actually, because if it looks nice but is an acident waiting to happen then you can be very screwed very quickly!

Gt her back in shape and make it a family heirloom!

4. DrFate

DrFate Member

Greetings from KC!