1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Aftermarket Turn Signals Help? Please.

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by 99R3gal, Jul 6, 2012.

1. 99R3gal

99R3gal New Member

What aftermarket signals work best? The reason I'm asking is that I am in need since my signals are mismatched and well kind of crappy... Any brand suggestion's and or links would be appreciated thanks in advance

2. zap2504

zap2504 Member

Pick a set that you like and fit your budget. LED units are not DOT approved (if that matters at inspection time) and are generally not as bright as incandescent bulb units (typically 1156 bulbs for single-filament; 1157 bulbs for dual-filament) and will require you to change your conventional flasher unit for an electronic model so the decreased current draw will not affect flashing. Not sure if the 900 Seca has front running lights as well as turn signals. If so then you will need the dual-filaments for up front and single-filaments for rear. Short-stem versions are not as easy for other motorists to see but look sharper. Look up some previous Seca projects to see what others have done before.
    YMMV

3. 99R3gal

99R3gal New Member

Thanks for the response with this and I will do a little more digging on the forum.

4. JeffK

JeffK Well-Known Member

I don't know what you are looking for but I have a set of four very small signals. They look like the style of the 70's....orange lens, chrome body, 2-3 inches long with the 1" bumpout on the rear. I bought them on fleabay for 20 bucks and found they were plastic when I got them and looked too small for my RD but if you're interested, I'll sell the set for whatever you want to pay for them.....I'd rather see someone use them then just sit in the box.

jeff

5. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

6. 99R3gal

99R3gal New Member

I just thought I would thank those that answered this post and update with what I did. I ended up buying these signals http://www.ebay.com/itm/140680114591?ss ... 1497.l2649 they work great and look good except for the carbon fiber look... So again I thank everyone.