1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Rear-to-front wheel conversion

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Cafe-XV750, Nov 6, 2010.

1. interstatejoe

interstatejoe Member

What he said but to 91766?

2. jason702v

jason702v Member

yup 96002 for me

3. rikinwyoming

rikinwyoming New Member

beings it looks the same, will a rear wheel from a 83 xv920 (rim and tire size are the same it seems) fit on the front of my 82 maxim xj750?

4. jtuner77

jtuner77 New Member

I PM'd you a message. I really hope you get it. I see you haven't been busy on here in awhile still hope you see the PM.

Anyone know the original posters Email address?

5. lsdandfab

lsdandfab New Member

I have 81 xv750 and i'm down for ordering your conversion kit. zip is #98662 email me with total and i'll pay by any means needed. Thx, Dan

6. Cafe-XV750

Cafe-XV750 New Member

Just sold the last 1st Gen kit ... so nothing to immediately sell at this time.

Anyone seriously interested should PM/email me to submit a small deposit to reserve one from the next batch - that is assuming there is enough interested in the next couple months. If not enough interest, then I'll refund deposits.

Currently no plan to look into a 2nd Gen kit - single or dual disk. Just don't have the resources at this time.

7. Deadulus

Deadulus Member

Hi....

May be a silly question, but will it work on an '80 XJ650? Ive 2 rear wheels and like the idea of using a rear wheel on the front.

My email is proud2bbass at hotmail.com

Im finally getting back into building my XJ after not being able to do anything for a couple of years...YAY!!

8. Cafe-XV750

Cafe-XV750 New Member

I'm kicking-off a new/smaller batch of kits - hope to be able to start shipping in mid-June.

Please PM/email me for kit cost and payment details.

9. muffinz

muffinz New Member

if your still making these kits my bike would really like one

10. beerhound

beerhound Member

As above very interested shipment though would be too Australia 4305 cheers Al

11. Huck

Huck New Member

Hey Cafe XV,

I'm VERY interested in what you have going on there! Currently, the ride I'm building is a father daughter project for her... Used to be my old bike in the 80s and she wants to rebuild what was a Seca 750 factory sport tourer into a cafe style bike. I'm liked her idea since the Yamaha full up sports touring pkg is a bit dated. So we're just getting started...

I see you are pretty much the subject matter expert on this area. I really like the look and performance profile, improved handling by the beefed up front end that your kit will afford. However, knowing that my daughter has inherited my heavy handed throttle I also want to give her all the stopping ability a bike can have. This girl has crazy riding experience in the mountains of Japan and Germany. Now the 83 Seca 750s had a dual front disk so given her love for pushing the envelope this dual disk is an advantage that I feel is a requirement for this build.

So my questions are... One - Do you have any more of these kits available? Two - Can you fabricate or include additional parts to keep the dual front disk capability? If so let me know how much for such an additional request. R&D vs $ might even be worth it as it may open up a wider market around here for you as well.

Again, I'm very interested in this concept so please post back here if you want to go to pm or a phone conversation on this matter.

12. Cafe-XV750

Cafe-XV750 New Member

There isn't an easy way to add the RH disk to a rear shaft drive wheel - would require some precision machining on the wheel ... which is large and could end up expensive to do at a machine shop.

The conversion kit right now is very DIY and only requires commonly available tools.

What size is the Seca 750 front wheel? I've had customers interested in putting a (shaft drive) Seca 18 rear wheel on the front ... with LH disk only of course.

13. Huck

Huck New Member

Seca is set up for 19 on the front and an 18 on the rear. I like the idea of going to a 16 & 16 though.

Looks like Streetbrawler is using an 18 & 18 set up?. Which is ok by me too. Just wanted the dual disk set up. What I may do is pick up your kit for now, run with a single disk for a while. Then as I become more familiar with what needs to be moded then work with a local shop to accomplish... Do you still have a kit at the moment?

14. digitalmonk

digitalmonk New Member

Hi, I might be purchasing a 1980 xj650 Maxim.

Would this kit work with a stock rear Maxim wheel?
    Also I'm assuming the kit is designed to keep the mounting of the front caliper
    stock?

Finally, are you still selling these?
    Thanks

15. MJonesTrumpet

MJonesTrumpet New Member

I'm interested in purchasing one of these for my 82 xj650 maxim. Are you still producing/selling these kits?

Also, does anyone have a pic of their xj650 after doing this?

16. webofdeception

webofdeception Member

Thinking about going through with this too but have some questions about the handling/safety of the kit etc. Pm if you are still making these kits and if not maybe just let me know that too. Thanks

17. pwhamlin86

pwhamlin86 New Member

Who do I need to contact to order this kit?

18. Lewis

Lewis Member

Cafe-XV750

19. 514rabbit

514rabbit Member

I hope these kits are still offered :)

20. XJ89

XJ89 New Member

r front an back axels same size??