1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Ignition problems

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Flyingseca, Sep 24, 2012.

1. Flyingseca

Flyingseca Member

So im having an odd issue i took my tank off for a couple days to paint it and when i got it back on it now is acting is if it has ingnition issues. It cuts out below 5-6 grand but idles fine and when its not being ridden it revs fine but under a load it cuts in and out. So i have check the wires and checked all the vac lines all are connected and looking good. I have noticed that if i touch the number four plug with one hand on the bars it shocks the shit out of me which is why i was scearching for a bad wire or a short. Im not perducing any smoke out of the pipes. So far i have changed the plugs and i dont want to dig in before i just retire for the winter for my rebuild :twisted:

2. Ground-Hugger

Ground-Hugger Member

You have a bad plug wire.

3. Flyingseca

Flyingseca Member

Are these easy to fix i looked at them and i thought they looked like they where sealed and pressed on

4. CapnRedbeard

CapnRedbeard Member

Check the plug is screwed fully onto the wire lead.
    Plug caps have an internal thread that the wire fixes onto and then a waterproof cover that seals the cable to the plug.
    Peel the cover back hold the cable and then turn the cap clockwise.

5. Flyingseca

Flyingseca Member

It was carb problem stuck float. But i still dont think it should shock me one more thing on the list for winter.