1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

electrical problem

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by flashsnapshot, May 1, 2007.

1. flashsnapshot

flashsnapshot Member

Of all times! I was getting my 750 maxim inspected and as it sat at an idle the tach dropped off, the horn stopped working and the blinkers quit! of course the problem indicator rotated constantly blinking it infernal red light!This had never happened before. When i revved the engine everthing worked fine. THe head light and brakes worked fine all the time. WHere should I start looking? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys

2. Russxlr8s

Russxlr8s Member

Check your fuse box snap in's for the fuses. These bikes are notorious for the fuse box going bad due to heat and loosing good contact with the fuses, sometimes you can pop the fuses out, squeeze the connectors closer to snap the fuses back in and hold them better, but if the base of the box is shot, you'll be making a new setup in place of the fuse box like so many of us have had to do.

It also helps to unplug all the molex multiple wire plugs and replug them again throughout the bike and inside the headlight assembly.

At any rate it's probably not a big serious problem on your bike.

3. flashsnapshot

flashsnapshot Member

Russxlrs8
    Thank you! I had just done that today and then i read your reply. You were right! That is all it was. One of the fuses was making an intermittent connection. I just squeezed the connector and I was back in business. I still am going to do that other stuff you talked about. You are the man! Thanks again, Flash

4. Altus

Altus Active Member

Another candidate for the fusebox replacement arises! Yaaayyyyy :wink: