1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ Turbo 1986 front end

Discussion in 'XJ Modifications' started by Reztess, Sep 30, 2012.

  1. Reztess

    Reztess New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Hi ~ My first post here ~

    I am in the Land Down Under and have recently finished a custom special ~ based on a 1974 Triumph Trident T150V ~

    I wanted REAL brakes so I fitted an XJ 650 Turbo front end ~ with Yamaha rotors and Honda F1000 twin spot callipers ~

    The bike has an array of modifications ~

    The issue I have is the forks are a tad harsh and I want to fit progressive wind springs ~

    Can anyone advise which are the correct model aka part number ~


    I approached a mob in California, http://www.progressivesuspension.com/productsearch.aspx

    They don't list the 86 XJ turbo but the 700 Secca ???

    BTW I run 12 lbs psi in the forks which works but I feel it needs more !

    [​IMG]
     
  2. maverickbr77

    maverickbr77 Member

    Messages:
    859
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Lowville, New York
    As far as I can tell from a little web searching all the turbos used the same forks and would use the 11-1106 springs from progressive. I am sure one of the turbo guys will stop by with better info.
     
  3. darkfibre

    darkfibre Member

    Messages:
    671
    Likes Received:
    4
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Perth, Australia
    Try searching for early part number matches. I thought the turbo only came out in 1982 and 1983 and the 1983 forks were 1mm larger diameter.

    But thats from memery, not web searching so it could be wrong.
     
  4. maverickbr77

    maverickbr77 Member

    Messages:
    859
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    16
    Location:
    Lowville, New York
    you may be right darkfibre i should have said they all use the same fork spring but I could only find anything on the 82-85. nothing on the 86 springs at all.
     
  5. Reztess

    Reztess New Member

    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    1
    Thanks for your input thus far blokes ~

    I was googling to find one of the parts fiche sites and have not even been able to find those either ~

    I have the impression there are two different numbers ~ the second for the 700 Seca ~ # 11-1128

    Where as the XJ 900 and the <83> XJ's had the 11-1110 (?)

    The latter #11-1110 appear to typical of quite a few different bikes ~

    Perhaps I could match by outside diameter, mine are ~ 38 mm~

    ( I recall as they are 1-2 mm larger in diameter than the standard English / Triumph OEM forks. I chose these as they are very like in appearance to the original forks ~ especially after I removed the powder coating.)

    If Flea-bay is indicative, there is only two listed ~ but WHICH ones ??

    http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_nkw= ... m270.l1313
     

Share This Page