1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1985 XJ700 Rotors Needed

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by bluemoonz, Oct 10, 2012.

1. bluemoonz

bluemoonz New Member

I need to replace my rotors up front and I'm not seeing them sold anymore. Anyone have a link to some rotors that fit the 1985 Yamaha Maxim X XJ700? I see some extremely expensive racing ones, but there must be some cheaper ones out there. ??? Thanks

2. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Check with XJ4Ever.

3. tabaka45

tabaka45 Well-Known Member

I'm sure Chacal has good ones. if you are looking for cheap, try Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/YAMAHA-MAXIM-XJ ... es&vxp=mtr

4. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Be careful with eBay rotors; people sell about anything. Including warped rotors.

These rotors can't really be turned like car rotors; they can be lightly Blanchard-ground to refinish them, but it has to be done by a specialty shop that has the equipment to grind both sides simultaneously. And if they're warped it won't fix that.

EBC floating rotor OE-replacement series are seriously good brakes, and for about half of what factory rotors cost. Believe it or not, some Yamaha rotors are still available; but they generally list at over $400. I got my EBC from Len; I didn't find any on-line retailers that beat his price.

5. bluemoonz

bluemoonz New Member

Cool I'll check XJ4Ever and EBC. I know EBC seemed very steep, but then again its my life depending on the stopping power. My originals are from Ebay and yes they were warped. :(

Thanks guys

6. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

7. mtnbikecrazy55

mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

yeah, thats the downer of the 750's, theres twice as much brake in the front to have to replace.

but the money spent, will assure you a safe bike and rotors that arent warped.

Just be DAMN sure before you drop the coin on new rotors that you rebuild/overhaul your calipers so you are sure they dont hang up and are warp your new rotors right away. because that would realllllllly suck.