1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I need some parts! 1981 XJ650 cylinders, etc.

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by CrybabyJimbo, Oct 18, 2012.

1. CrybabyJimbo

CrybabyJimbo New Member

Hey folks,
    I was given an 81 Maxim 650. The motor was locked up. Picked up another motor. Also locked up. I'm looking for a set of 650 cylinders, non YICS.

2. 750MaximSeattle

750MaximSeattle Active Member

Cylinders? You mean the block? I had an 81 Maxim xj650 with a good motor and sold the motor. However, I could check with the buyer to see if he want to sell it. Just let me know if interested.

3. CrybabyJimbo

CrybabyJimbo New Member

Yeah, I need the block. Although, I realized yesterday that between the two I have, I've got four good pistons and four good sleeves. (It would appear, don't have a good mic.) I called a local machine shop. I'm going to take them my parts and see how much it will cost to swap sleeves over to make one good block, assuming it fits in their machine. Fingers crossed. I'm really hoping that this works out, and for cheap. I'll definitely keep everyone posted.

4. mr4x4king

mr4x4king New Member

mine is in the for sale section runs good 40 mpg

make me an offer

4 Sale 1981 Yamaha Maxim 650 I bought this 2 years ago with 20100 miles I put new tires and brakes front and rear, new plugs, air filter changed all fluids. I put new clutch friction discs, steel plates and springs in it. I just put a new battery in it a month ago. I have title and current inspection and plates. Has 22852 miles on it now. Good Starter bike located in Nesquehoning. This Bike is 31 years old and runs Good and does have some minor issues. Neutral light does not work I do have a new switch for it but have not put it in. There is a small oil leak in left front of engine $900.00 if interested please have cash in hand to test drive. Let me know if you have any questions. text or call 610-577-6777 thanks Tom
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]