1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. JPaganel

JPaganel Well-Known Member

I got here fairly simply - I googled "XJ750 forum".

I've had good look with other specialty forums before, and after reading some of the tech articles here I don't think I'm going to be disappointed in this case.

2. Beastie

Beastie New Member

Found it by searching 1982 yamaha 750 Seca..And damn glad i did!! :D

3. Schwem

Schwem New Member

I asked almighty google about "1981 XJ650 mods" on the photos page. I saw a sexy mod by lowlifexj and joined a couple weeks later when I couldn't get enough of the forums.

4. Johnno

Johnno Member

Stumbled in here almost by accident!

(Glad I did!)

5. item535

item535 New Member

First bike was an '82 XJ650. I bought a Buell and decided I didn't need both. In these past 5 years, I have seen many Maxims that made me think of all the things I'd do.

2 weeks ago, the guy I sold it to called me up to see if I wanted it back! I started searching for quick easy mods I could replicate and the ideas are buzzing! There are so many great projects on here and I look forward to adding mine to the mix.

6. ibheath

ibheath New Member

Google! 83 Yamaha XJ650 were the keywords. Love this site, as my bike is the victim of neglect and bad attempts at repair.

7. elektronikfreak

elektronikfreak New Member

Got the link from a friend in Amsterdam, Holland (The Netherlands).

8. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

I had decided to get back into motorcycling (hadn't piloted one since the late 1980's) and kind of knew what models I wanted. I have a particular fondness for the japanese bikes from the early 80's, and since I work for a website development company that supports the powersports industry, I often have to be nudged by my teammates for just staring at some dealer's used inventory. One of the bikes that never failed to grab my attention of which was the XJ from 81-83, and I found this site from my research.

Strangely enough, when I found a local XJ650, the guy I bought it from not only is on the site (mostly as a lurker I think) but was friends with my younger brother in High School. The bike I bought was the one my brother drooled over growing up (much later he bought his first bike, a 2005 Honda Shadow). So I actually had my brother drive the Maxim home; he saw it first afterall.

- woody

9. Recoil87

Recoil87 Member

I googled about my bike "1883 Yamaha Seca 750" first link that came up was a thread in XJBIKES.COM...and the rest IS HISTORY!!! :)

THanks to all the WIzards and Redliners who know what they are talking about!!!

10. Newmax-x

Newmax-x New Member

[​IMG]This site came up whilst I was looking for some information on the 1986 750 Maxim-X that Id purchased on a whim. I'm generally a V-Twin Honda Guy. I may just have come across a wonderful little bike here,And this forum looks like a great place to discover all about my new bike.Paid $1700. Canadian Figured that was a lot for such an old bike.

11. hbwb

hbwb Member

So happens I picked up an '85 maxim 700 off craig's a couple months ago. Been messing with it and was searching for some info (not sure what or which search engine as I seldom use google) and found this place. I have 2 kawasakis too and belong to a forum for them also. Glad to be a part of this forum and hopefully can pick up some tips on the particulars of the maxim.

The kawasakis are an '83 GPz750 and an '85 454. There is just something about the old bikes I like.

12. osprey1000

osprey1000 Member

I picked up my XJ off craigslist about 3-4 weeks ago and had alot of questions about it. My future Father-in-law suggested looking for a forum about the bike as they would have the most info on how to take care of it. A quick google search and here I am!

13. kingston250

kingston250 New Member

I buy a new bike Honda 150 and looking for discussion forums which help me to learn about bikes so then one of my friend tell me about xjbikke forum so i will join this forum.
    http://st-petersburg.craigslistb.org

14. tomster70

tomster70 New Member

Hi guys, I live in Virginia and found this site while looking for info on an 84 xj700 maxim I purchased with the hopes of making a chopper out of. It's a basket case and I see not many mess with the 700's that were out for a couple of years. Before I get to far into tear down, are these pretty much the same as the 750's other than the cc's? I got a Haynes manual for the 650-750 through 84 thinking it will cover mine. This site looks like it has some good folks to get info from and I look forward to seeing all the projects that are being shared here. Good luck with your projects and fingers crossed I can do something neat with mine! ! ! !tomster70 from VA.

15. tom1103

tom1103 New Member

hey, a walked into a custom chopper and restoration shop in essex england with just an idea of buyin somthing old that i could make my own, turns out the mechanic had a 1981 xj650 that he'd bought with the idea of restoring it himself but due to high volume of work never got round to doing so, so i paid £500 for it, 12 month mot and drop off at my house :) currently in bits being turned into a cheap cafe racer.. so thought ad find a forum so here i am.

tom
    yorkshire, England

16. KPXJ750

KPXJ750 New Member

Hey there, I found this site when I googled "starting my 1984 yamaha bike" I have a 1982 XJ750 and a 1984 XJ750 police special. Unfortunately I've been very neglectful of my 1984 ('82 is in bits at the mo) after I fractured my knee, wanting to get it back up and running for the summer riding here in NZ.

17. seca650retread

seca650retread New Member

I was searching google for tire recommendations for the Seca 650 I just bought off of Craigs List and found you guys. Awesome!

18. pnthubb

pnthubb Member

Found this site by using google for some info on my XJ700 that I have had in the basement during two moves and most recently in the garage for the latest move. I just got to getting it on the road again and had to google some specs. Great site! :p

19. pnthubb

pnthubb Member

Found this site by using google for some info on my XJ700 that I have had in the basement during two moves and most recently in the garage for the latest move. I just got to getting it on the road again and had to google some specs. Great site! :p

20. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

pnthubb,

Welcome.

Gary