1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

'81 650h tire suggestions?

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by newxj650maxim, May 8, 2007.

1. newxj650maxim

newxj650maxim New Member

n e 1 got an idea on best suited tires for a daily riden application. im not an aggresive rider and i live in atlanta.

2. Altus

Altus Active Member

Our bikes use a 3.25 x 19 front tire (aka 100/90-19)

I personally have had excellent results from an Avon Roadrunner and Bridgestone Spitfire.

I'm also a general purpose rider, so this is for all-round usage.

3. pb81620

pb81620 New Member

I've run the Bridgestone Spitfires for years. I would buy them again. The only rear tire I had trouble with was a Dunlop Qualifier. The tire was the recommend size but for some reason it was wider than it should have been and would rub just a very little bit on the drive shaft. Especially at higher speeds.

4. Robert

Robert Active Member

I've run the Dunlop Touring Elite II's for years with no trouble. Great handling, plenty of grip. Long lived too. I've gotten about 20K per rear and 40K for the front.

5. welderflame

welderflame Member

visit americanmototire.com they have tires for eveything at reasonable prices. I run the GBC street sharks on my maxim with excellent results for such a low priced tire.