1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

xj650 float bowls starter jets

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by thehut, Apr 7, 2013.

1. thehut

thehut New Member

hi there dpes anyone know what is the best way to unblock these jets. or if you can get replacement ones. i can get these jets out. but even with a micro drill i cant get them clear. on starting bike no4 pot wont fire up without putting hand over back of carb. cheers :?

2. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Welcome to the forums :)

The starter jets in the float bowl come out on your bike? :? What carbs are they?

Also you said about putting hand over the carb, just so you know, the bike won't run properly until the airbox is back on so it may be just because of that as long as the carbs are truly clean.

Have you looked through the church of clean thread on here? Well worth going thru if you're cleaning carbs, here's a link to it http://xjbikes.com/Forums/viewtopic/t=14692.html They absolutely have to be perfect like new...

Also as a new member, please take a look at the drum brake issues & other links in my signature below before you consider riding. Thanks :)

3. thehut

thehut New Member

hi they are hitachi carbs. jets are pressed in i got them out by. putting a m2 thread in the first part of jet. then i heated bowl and jet pulled out. its possable somone has had go before and got wire stuck in the .4 hole. if i could clean hole out jet will just tap back in. i swaped no 4 pot bowl over from no 3 and it fired straight up. ill have look at thread you sent. brian