1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Part-out: '85 XJ700N

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by firebox40dash5, Apr 26, 2011.

1. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

I got rear-ended on my XJ last week. I'm looking at holding onto it and parting it out.

What it doesn't have:
    No gauges, and the dash isn't in great shape.
    A rear fender and taillight. Duh.
    The frame. And if you're interested in the engine, I don't know much about its condition (it WAS running), and the oil filter bolt is seized, so there's your warning.

What it does have:
    Everything else!
    Controls are in good shape, including an FZR600 clutch perch, and FZ1 master cylinder.
    Fuel tank is OK, petcock works, and I have a matching lock set, including OE Yamaha key.
    If you're really interested, I could cut the headtube out if someone wants it for a project, but it would have a salvage title.

Post up if you're interested, I've got most parts removed already, just waiting to finalize with insurance.

2. GearN00B

GearN00B Member

Re: Potential Part-out: '85 XJ700N

Where do you live?

3. Gator8

Gator8 Member

I might be interested in the controls...pm a price on em all with photos to follow, we go from there.

4. SLKid

SLKid Active Member

Pic of the Tank? Hows the exhaust look? Did you have highway pegs or anything on her?
    -Chris

5. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

Southern OR coast, but I get around pretty often. I'll probably end up making a trip to/near PDX to get my next bike if nothing else.

The tank has some dings, and the PO spray painted it flat black. Nothing terribly hard to fix if you can do body & paint, and the inside only has minor surface rust. The low fuel sender worked about 10 minutes before the wreck, when it tried to run out of gas. :lol:

Controls are in good shape but may be spoken for locally. The exhaust is in rough shape, rust on the headers & collector, a rust hole in the right (IIRC) pipe to the muffler, and dents in the mufflers from being laid down. No accessories, unless you want the busted Hellfire screen.

I'll try to get pics posted in the next day or so.

6. jmilliken

jmilliken Well-Known Member

carbs? wouldn't mind an extra set.....

7. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

chacal wants them too. :p

They're not bad, but will need float needles and likely shaft seals to be 'proper'. I just cleaned them, and replaced all 4 bowls, plus chacal's SS allen drain screws, and have a spare left & right bowl too. I did try sanding the chrome hats, and painted the bare hats.

As I told Len, I won't be able to get good pics of them until I pull them, after I'm squared with the insurance.

8. roehlerich

roehlerich New Member

I REALLY NEED a lockable gas cap. Let me know if you have one for sale with a key. Will pay up to $ 50.00 shipped.

9. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

Well, I'd really rather not split up the set, since all 4 locks match. Plus, I'm STILL waiting to even get an offer from the insurance co. :roll:

If you just need one with a key that works and can't find one anywhere else, look up Cyclepsycho in Eugene, OR, call and ask for Dave. I know he has at least one (though it was spray painted black), I just sold him the old one off my bike a few weeks ago. :lol: He's good people, his prices are awesome and he told me he'll ship parts.

10. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

cant promise you but i will look and see if i have one tomorrow

11. ESMITHERS

ESMITHERS Member

i could really use a replacement set of carbs please let me know, pm me the price.. i got a 700 that i traded a ps3 for well the carbs on it were trashed from hell and needs parts so would like to take two and make one decent set.. thanks

12. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

Pics!

http://s196.photobucket.com/albums/aa20 ... ben/XJ700/

Looks like everything's available except the front tire.

Unfortunately, I'm going to be gone all weekend, and spending most of tomorrow preparing, so I probably won't be able to pull anything, let alone ship, until Monday.

If you want better pics of a part you want, drop me a PM or post here, and I'll get it for you when I can. I don't really have prices in mind for most of the stuff, so just let me know what you want, and make me an offer or ask for a price!

13. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

Carbs and front tire are sold.

Regulator/rectifier, flasher relay, TCI, brakes and master cylinder/clutch perch are pending for now.

I've got the coils (and homemade stainless coil covers), the gas cap/ignition/seat lock/helmet lock set, starter solenoid, starter, kickstand relay, a left and right Hitachi carb bowl, and tons of other stuff still.

Also got a 2-month-old X2 sealed AGM battery from Batteries Plus, but they number their batteries different than Yuasa, and it's too wide to fit the battery box. If anyone wants it for an XJ700, I can include my battery box with the right side removed to fit, it works just fine like that.

If anyone wants any internals, let me know. I'd rather pull the engine, and sell some parts cheap than get $10 worth of scrap metal out of it. Getting it apart has never been an issue for me, just putting it back together! :D

14. firebox40dash5

firebox40dash5 Member

Bump. Absolutely everything has been pulled now. Carbs, front brakes, side covers, TCI, air filter, and airbox boots are now sold.

Everything else is still available. The engine is out of the frame if anyone needs parts from it.

15. mastermin144

mastermin144 New Member

Have you already sold the rectifier? Do you still have the fuel sending sensor?

16. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Think they may have sold in the intervening 2 years, but you never know lol :p

IIRC there was a reg/rec on ebay the other day

17. bmcintyre

bmcintyre New Member

I am interested in the complete lock set as I have 3 different keys to open/unlock/etc and drives me nuts. Pm me a price please.

18. pickax

pickax Member

PM sent. Thanks!

19. scrubby

scrubby Member

front wheel ? just need the wheel alu. 5 spoke ??? dual disk have my own but thats what I have 1985 700 maxim non x

20. johnnyx

johnnyx Member

I could use the rear sissy bar-is it in good shape still?Let me know thanks John.