1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Software upgrade

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by adrian1, Apr 16, 2013.

1. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

Dear Technical Support,

18 months ago, I upgraded to Girlfriend 1.0 from DrinkingMates 4.2, which I had used for years without any trouble. However, there are apparently conflicts between these two products and the only solution was to try and run Girlfriend 1.0 with the sound turned off.

To make matters worse, Girlfriend 1.0 is incompatible with several other applications, such as LadsNightOut 3.1, Football 4.5, and Playboy 6.9. Successive versions of GirlFriend proved no better.

I tried a shareware program, Slapper 2.1, but it had many bugs and left a virus in my system, forcing me to shut down completely for several weeks. Eventually, I tried to run GirlFriend 1.2 and Girlfriend 1.0 at the same time, only to discover that when these two systems detected each other they caused severe damage to my hardware.

I eventually upgraded to Fiancée 1.0, only to discover that this product soon had to be upgraded further to Wife 1.0. While Wife 1.0 tends to use up all my available resources, it does come bundled with FreeSexPlus and Cleanhouse2005.

Shortly after this upgrade, however, I found that Wife 1.0 could be very unstable and costly to run. Any mistakes I made were automatically stored in Wife 1.0's memory and could not be deleted. They then resurfaced months later when I had forgotten about them. Wife 1.0 also has an automatic Diary, Explorer and E-mail filter, and can, without warning, launch TurboStrop and Multi-Whinge. These latter products have no Help files, and I have to try to guess what the problem is. Additional problems are that Wife 1.0 needs updating regularly, requiring ShoeShop Browser for new attachments and Hairstyle Express which needs to be reinstalled every other week. Also, when Wife 1.0 attaches itself to my Saab93 Convertible hard drive, it often crashes. Wife 1.0 also comes with an irritating pop-up called MotherInLaw, which can't be turned off.

Recently I've been tempted to install Mistress 2005, but I've been told there could be problems. A friend of mine has alerted me to the fact that if Wife 1.0 detects Mistress 2005, it tends to delete all of your Money before uninstalling itself.

Any advice would be helpful, many thanks.

2. Myro

Myro Member

you might want to try divorce 2.0 but that comes with losehalfofeverything 2010

3. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

To me it sounds like you went for the PC version when you needed an OS version. A partition may be needed to boot on multiple OS if you can't pick one.

4. ColoradoDan

ColoradoDan Active Member

Perhaps it's time to get off the grid for a while and attempt a complete reboot, and with any luck erase the corrupted memory

5. mtnbikecrazy55

mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

6. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

The real problem is that Life 0.1, and all of it's updates, ship without a user's manual.

7. Myro

Myro Member

i know man thats almost as annoying as wife 2.0

8. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

You got Girlfriend 1.2's number still ??

9. razz1969

razz1969 Active Member

I don't care what you say,,,, that s funny!

10. waldo

waldo Member

Heres where you went wrong, had you partitioned the hard drive to begin with wife 1.0 would not be aware of any extra curricular activities. You could however at this point sneak in another hard drive and slowly move files to the hidden hard drive ( I do not think you can re-partition the original hard drive at his point)

11. waldo

waldo Member

Come to hink of it is it possible that you might have a virus or 2 such as:
    EX-Wife or
    Stalker Girlfriend maybe even
    Over Bearing Mother

12. waldo

waldo Member

These have been known to totally screw up a mans social life I personally actually had a sister come into a stripper bar and explain to me that I should not be in the presence of such woman. I kid you not

13. mtnbikecrazy55

mtnbikecrazy55 Active Member

hahaha just read it again, awesomeness.

14. ColoradoDan

ColoradoDan Active Member

When I scrolled over waldo's strip club post, my computer spontaneously re-activated the BachelorNight 1.0 Memory processor scan. I remember getting that program loaded.

15. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

I think that may either be a typo, or a completely separate problem to the one you have with Wife 1.0, it's not unknown in this situation for MotherInLaw to have uploaded HornyCougar 69.0 without updating the Wife 1.0 program (in some instances the 2 will happily run on the same OS, but only if they communicate).

This is a known fault with some versions of MotherInLaw and can potentially cause the same issues as Mistress 2005 but with the added potential problem of Wife 1.0 uploading HitMan .45 to your system, permanently deleting all your Life 1.xx files and causing complete irreversible system failure.

16. bmarzka

bmarzka Active Member

Do you have a big enough RAM? What ever you do, don't try inserting a floppy into Wife 1.0.

17. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

If I format my 5 1/4" floppy too much it actually becomes a Sea(men)gate Hard Drive and requires me to upgrade my RAM... :?

Oh, also beware if you do successfully run Mistress 2005 if Wife 1.0 detects it may boot your hardware!