1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Let's talk top end's.

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Maxim677, Apr 11, 2013.

1. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

'tis VERY cheap 8O Not a bad tip size either at 10mm, a lot of cheaper ones are 14mm+ and won't fit in a plug hole!

Wonder what sort of resolution you'd get with it? A lot of the cheaper ones have a very grainy picture because they're trying to get too much out of low light levels and overworked cheap sensors, got to be worth a punt at that price though and if it's crap just use it as a torch instead lol.

A good thing to have with a borescope too if you can get them is the add-on tips that "bend" the field of view 45/90/130 degrees, make it easier to look for wear lips & damage to the upper part of the bore and valves...

2. Maxim677

Maxim677 Member

That is very! cheap. Too cheap if you ask me, I worry about the grainy picture.

Etoolcart.com I have bought alot of tools from these guys. Here's one I was looking at, I consider this to be on the cheaper end of the spectrum, 179.99. It's something that would see a fair bit of use so I look for best bang for the buck, i think this one is really pretty good for the price

http://www.etoolcart.com/max-video-2-4- ... 08-55.aspx

I have another Autel Tool an MD802 scantool. It has served me very well.

3. 750E-II_29Rbloke

That doesn't look bad for the money, specially with a built in screen. It has still picture save & could record video on a pc too.

That said, I reckon the ones without their own screen tend to give more functionality for the money for obvious reasons (and I prefer using an old laptop to view anyhow as the screen's larger) I have an old windows XP lump that cost nothing for use on stuff like that & workshop 'net reference etc.

I didn't see if there's any "round a corner" fittings available for it either, as I say they're very useful. Still a good price for one with inbuilt screen and still pics function though. Wonder if there's anywhere near you that would let you assess the picture quality before buying?

EDIT-: I'll try and search out a 'car mechanics' magazine from earlier this year that had a review of them & see if this one was in the lineup

EDIT2-: That Autel unit wasn't featured (probably not available over here) but the ones that were didn't seem to have the video/stills feature for that sort of money, if the image quality's good then I'd say go for it.

The only similar priced one out of the test lot that'd be worth a look IMO is the "Access-Cameras Pro-Tech" and that was apparently very good in all areas except for the LED lights being a bit weak. that was £125 so around $200-250ish I think. Seems you get better of everything over there lol :)

4. Maxim677

Maxim677 Member

5. Polock

Polock Well-Known Member

A guy over on kzrider has a YouTube vidio of a cheapie. It's in the tool section

6. 750E-II_29Rbloke

Top one *looks* similar but the tested one had 9mm lance (as does the lower one you linked, plus it comes with a hook, mirror and a magnet).

£125 was the tested one price so 200-250 dollars at a guess

Just having the discussion with foolber in another thread about how you guys get the good deals and we Brits get the shit end of the stick :(

Petrol/Gas around $14/gal over here
    Seized soild, matt black, incomplete 750 seca made over £350 pushing $700) recently. I was bidding & prepared to go £225
    On average you have $10k more income per year than we do :(

We must have assholes the size of dinnerplates we get shafted that much 8O

7. Maxim677

Maxim677 Member

eh i wouldnt beat up on it too much. we have our own set of issues over here.

Thanks for the heads up! Heres a link to the thread on their forum and a link to the youtube video. with it's low clarity floppy cord poor large camera head and poor viewing angle I think I'll keep looking, Seems like an excellent call for some other applications or if on a tight budget.

http://www.kzrider.com/forum/21-tools/5 ... ion-camera

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee7Pr4XsDGw

8. waldo

waldo Member

Well you guys have the uh er hmm how about no um give me a second nope not that either shoot man let me think................
    The funny accent.

9. 750E-II_29Rbloke

Jolly good show Waldo sir, frankly I had forgotten what an utter joy one finds it to speak in the manner in which we do:D

Toodle pip :)

10. waldo

waldo Member

Say what