1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How much would you pay for his CB100?

Discussion in 'Other Motorcycles' started by ecologito, Apr 26, 2013.

1. ecologito

ecologito Well-Known Member

Today I was doodling around an auction site and I found what will be up for bids this weekend:

[​IMG]

How much would you be willing to pay based on the known/unknown. I may try to ask a few questions and/or inspect the bike myself before the auction but I am just curious since I have never tried to buy a CB100

2. zombiehouse

zombiehouse Member

Looks complete. I wouldn't pay more than 300 to 400. I wouldn't mind owning it.

3. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

Personally, I wouldn't even go that high.....

4. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

It has six (6) horsepower. Are you planning on taking THAT into traffic??

5. ecologito

If it is a 1972 it has 6 cubic inches of displacement and a power plant of 11.50 HP (8.4 kW)) @ 10500 RPM.

The specs mention 110.0 km/h (68.4 mph) top speed (I guess downhill with the wind on your back?) 8O

6. ElkHavenSeca

ElkHavenSeca Active Member

Thats a perfect bike to teach my wife to ride before i let her take out one of my seca's .. i would give 250.00

7. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Looks like it was just wheeled into the garage one day and they never came back for the next ride, bet there's still 1980's fuel in the tank :)

Is that the original toolkit stuffed under the grab handle on the seat too?

I'd bet it's 100% complete and original, low mileage bike. Bet it's motor will be stuck fast though from the old fuel.

Not sure how much it's worth, but I know what I'd do with it. Get it freed up, running, serviced & rubber/brakes replaced then just clean it up and sell it for good money...

P.S. 11.5bhp will take you to around 70mph on an average lightweight bike so the specs sound about right...

8. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

Well - - I was adjusting for age and degradation - a little bit. :wink:
    It prolly has 6 HP at a more civilized 6,000 RPM - where you would normally have the engine - - in traffic.

It's like riding 2 mopeds duct-taped together.

9. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Hey now; look in my sig. My first bike wasn't much "bigger."

I wouldn't go more than about $200 either.

10. cutlass79500

cutlass79500 Well-Known Member

Only problem they usually do not go cheap. Older small displacement motorcycles go for big bucks these days. Guess people are wanting to re live their youth. I just looked up a 74 cb125 in excellent shape is $1485 nada

11. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

My scooter is a (modified) 155cc, putting approximately 12 hp at the wheel. It does an honest 66.6 mph on the flat. It's not a regular highway ride, but it sure as hell is fun in town. Small displacement bikes are a hoot if you have the right attitude.

Prices are all over the place since the "cafe racer" fad came about. A CB350 in daily rider condition could be had around here for $250 s few years ago. As soon as the bike everyone lusted after as a kid becomes the hot thing to have (and relatively unaffordable) prices for the "second best" choices tend to rise as well. Since that CB100 is in the latter category I'd offer $150, but prepared to pay $300 if it was something that I really wanted and it didn't need much more than a catch-up on maintenance.

12. MercuryMan

MercuryMan Active Member

Yea but that CB is not one of the coveted ones. They may be asking NADA but it will only go there for a collector. It does look unmolested but I see a lot of elbow work to reverse time there. Now if it was a CB four it would be worth some $$$$. It is worth $200 for sure because the parts are mostly unobtanium, the tank alone would bring some good change. Depending on in person assessment and moving engine I'd go $250-300max.

TtR is right it's a heavy moped in moto skin. You could shave the head down and run it on airplane fuel 8O

13. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Naah, that bike wants an air-pump supercharger :D

14. ecologito

It seems like the concensus is to probably not pay more than $250 I may try to go to the auction and see if somebody there is willing to pay more than that

15. ken007

ken007 Member

thats the exact bike i learnt to ride on, 50 miles an hour max is all i could get out of it, even could do a wheely on it as a 15 year old. it seemed so big 30 odd years ago lol.

16. Foolber

Foolber Member

when they are like that go by CC's so around $100... wouldn't go much higher than that if you plan on using it.

17. zombiehouse

zombiehouse Member

In Cali it is hard to find a CB of any size for less than $800. A running bike will cost you at least $1500+

18. waldo

waldo Member

Lets see I have a 1979 cb650 for sale any takers?

19. waldo

waldo Member

Miles how many miles I would go 250 -300 max if I got good paper on it it looks to be all there and in good shape I would expect to clean it up and get it running for another 150 and turn it for at least 1300 no tires just a battery and re-furb the carbs and new plugs

20. gunnabuild1

gunnabuild1 Member

If the price is right I'd clean it up and keep it for 5 years or so, once this cafe,bobber,firestones and exhaust wrap phase is over the unmolested ones are going to be rare as hens teeth.
    Ride it for the same things you would use a moped for,run down the shops or whatever.Hell of a lot cooler than any moped[except maybe an original Vespa]
    Built for a different time, back when people thought fuel was expensive so they bought something cheap to run.
    Funny how things run in cycles.
    Hey Waldo I'll buy your 650 if you cover the shipping?