1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1983 900 SECA

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by ZXtasy, May 31, 2013.

1. ZXtasy

ZXtasy New Member

Almost complete bike, mostly rough condition. No title. Frame solid and straight. Motor ran 3 years ago, Almost new instrument cluster. Only Missing items: sidestand, front right caliper, exhaust, passenger pegs, front fender. In middle of WA State, will drive 100 mile radius to deliver. Certifed by WSP as not stolen, abandoned vehicle. Make offers. Call M-F, between 8 am and 5 pm, PST, 509-630-8552
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ZXtasy

ZXtasy New Member

Parting out. Instruments and fairing sale pending.

3. Captainkirk

Captainkirk Member

Damn shame, but here in Illinois, a bike without a title is an assembled basket case.

4. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

You can get a TITLE and Registration in VERMONT with just a NOTARIZED "Comprehensive" Bill of Sale.

Buy the Bike.
    Get that Bill of Sale filled-out and signed.

Can be executed, ... by Mail.

You DO NOT have to be a Vermont resident.

Simply fill out VT DMV forms DMV-VD119 Registration App Instructions and DMV-VD119-Vehicle Reg Tax Title App and send them along with a
    ::::>> Comprehensive Bill of Sale <<::::
    Send the bill of sale and a check to the VT DMV. Both forms can be found here:

dmv.vermont.gov/fees/tax_title

•• You need to fill out the odometer disclosure form in the instruction book. In the Tax/Title Application form you need to fill out blocks 1A, 1B, 2, 3C, 4A, 5B, 6A, and 9.

•• The :::Comprehensive::: bill of sale has to be notarized and contain enough info to identify the bike, like VIN, color, make, model, year etc.
    Fill out the paperwork and mail it all in to the VT DMV and 2 weeks later you should have permanent or temp registration and VT plates valid for 1 year in your mailbox.

••That's step 1.

••Step 2. Take the Vermont registration and the title/registration application form for the bike to your DMV.
    When they ask why you don't have a title, just tell them that VT doesn't issue titles on vehicles over 20 years old!!!

Let em look it up if they want, you'll be fine.
    After they admit you don't need a title they should process your forms and the VT registration and issue you a title in your area.
    That completes step 2.

Step 3.
    Put new title someplace safe, put your new plate on the bike, go riding.

Costs: Postage and Fees.

5. ZXtasy

ZXtasy New Member

Titling after a lost or abandoned one is so different state to state...It is not HORRIBLE here, but requires a 3 year wait once filed to see if any claims come against it. With a 79 Motoguzzi, 78 GS-550 Suzook, and now a new 08 EX-650R project and 2 ST Hondas taking up long term storage....I had to let this one go....no more room at the inn! Save it from the portaband!!!!

6. quebecois59

quebecois59 Well-Known Member

I might be interested in all four turn signals if in good shape, both horns, bars on both sides of the seat and the rear grab bar with the backrest.

Please PM me for cost of parts and shipping.

7. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Give the VERMONT option a shot.
    What can you lose?

All you have to do is Dot all the "i's" and cross all the "T's"!

http://dmv.vermont.gov/Buying_A_Vehicle

Read the requirements.
    Be sure you have a ---> Comprehensive <--- Bill of Sale which needs to be Notarized.

Easy as 3.14159265

8. ZXtasy

ZXtasy New Member

Thanks RickComatic in VT....is that not the first state to allow same sex marriage too? What a progressive state it is if so...

9. tumbleweed_biff

tumbleweed_biff Active Member

In Ohio you can get a court ordered title. You have to provide documentation of attempting to contact title holder if possible (my local BMV office gave me that information, but I don't know if that is normal or not, the deputy registrar is a friend).

10. jmilliken

jmilliken Well-Known Member

11. ZXtasy

ZXtasy New Member

Yes, I was in contact with Dave but waited 2 months for a reply and got nothing, so decided to part it out.

To all those I have been stalling because of my vacation...I am back and lets start the PayPal account ringing and i will get those parts out to you ASAP!

benwa@genext.net

12. aSECAwrencher

aSECAwrencher Member

Well, I just tore apart the case on my 83 900 SECA. I need the #3 shift fork and the some of the output drive gears. Sorry to hear that the bike had to go the wayside. These donors are what's keeping the rest of the things alive.

What shape are the rear shocks in? Might be interested in those as well. Both of my OEM sets are a little rough.

13. LayItDown

LayItDown Member

Just out of curiosity how much would you want for the engine and carbs- and are you willing to ship it

14. ZXtasy

ZXtasy New Member

Hello guys,

Yeah, so many neglected bikes but unlike human bodies, many parts are useful after 30 years.

The rear shocks are externally in good condition...as the photos show, but I can not attest to their damping function...probably just like 30 year shocks do. I thought about using them on my 78 GS-550, but have other ideas now,Would you pay 40 plus shipping for them.

Not really interested in tearing the engine apart, but it is close to out of the frame now, and if someone wanted to pay the freight for the probabaly 100 pound plus lump, I would crate it and sell it whole for....say 100 bucks or listen to offers.

The carbs are pretty good shape, they had been recently gone through, kitted it looks like, as the bike did run for a 3000 mile trip before it was abandoned 3 years ago. The intakes are not interrible shape either, would sell them all for about 100 plus shipping, or hear offers.