1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

82 Xj750 seca Full open

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Nightdemn, Jul 2, 2013.

1. Nightdemn

Nightdemn New Member

Hello all,
    I am new to the site and to the XJ bikes. I just got a 750 seca and was told it needed a carb kit. The problem is when you start the bike goes full throttle.
    I cleaned the carbs and they all look good. I checked the cable and it is not sticking at all. What else could be causing it ?

Thanks for reading and all the info a head of time :D

2. pbjman

pbjman Member

Hi. Did you disassemble and thouroughly clean the carbs and put them together again with new bits from a carb kit?

The high revving is often due to a vacuum leak. Could be the carb boots (are they cracked) or the airbox boots or the vacuum caps on top of the carbs.

If you removed and cleaned the carbs, you'll need to do a valve clearance check and adjustment before you can properly tune the carbs.

3. k-moe

k-moe Pie, Bacon, Bourbon. Moderator Premium Member

Or the throttle shaft seals.

4. Vampirum

Vampirum New Member

Just gonna throw this one out there...

If you removed the carbs and mixed up the throttle cable and choke cable connections to the carbs, the bike will open wide up when you start it. I made this error once after a few too many wobbly-pops lol.

5. Nightdemn

Nightdemn New Member

lol Vamp ! I thought of that first but they where hooked up right.
    I will got over the all the info you guys gave me. Thanks !! Hope this does it.