1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Cowvalley

Cowvalley New Member

I bought a xs400 a few years back, found this website. Sold the bike before finishing it (moving). Found a XJ550 Maxim for $250 (paid 200) not running, sitting in a garage for over a couple years, not sure whats wrong... Got the bike home and stripped it down to find several issues (carbs, wiring corrosion, and breaks in wiring). Found the website again, used some info off site. Good forums to read. Bike is now running, still no front brake, but it'll do. More worried about going than stopping I guess. I like to look at what people are changing their bikes into.

2. Spazzer2500

Spazzer2500 New Member

I was having issues with brakes and was googling for solutions when a topic in the forums caught my eye. Joined up and been lovin' it ever since.

3. saeed

saeed New Member

I found this site searching for Yamaha 750 parts.

4. Maxxwell311

Maxxwell311 New Member

I was using Google to search for info on my Seca, and this site was in the results. Very glad you've made this site available. Thanks!

5. Harlan

Harlan New Member

power to the google.

6. GeekBikerGirl

GeekBikerGirl Member

I got here researching why my 85 XJ700N wouldn't start. I found the email list and then found the forums.

7. Devastruction

Devastruction New Member

when I got my first XJ ( death trap in my signature ) i googled some simple thing like how to pop the seat off and XjBikes was at the top of the list been lurking ever since and finally signed up just a little while ago

8. zenbruce

zenbruce New Member

I was trying to find a yamaha part on google and somebody mentioned your web site. Only been a memeber 2 weeks and already recieved a ton of useful info.

9. sirpuma

sirpuma Member

Hello all. Marcus from WA, USA. I got here by a recommendation from Yamaha Owners Club forum. I have an 82 XJZ650J Maxim that I picked up from Craigs List for about $500. I've put in at least another $500-800 in parts to get it to run right. It still isn't right and I'll be posting about it in the appropriate section. Just wanted to say HI!

10. Andyam6

Andyam6 Member

Had a ton of questions when I got my XJ, Google kept sending me to you guys. Having seen some of the other bike forums i'm so glad I went for the XJ, this place is fantastic

11. mountaintrout

mountaintrout New Member

Howdy, I'm stormy. First time Yamaha owner. 83 xj550 with less than 11,000 on it. $100 and got her running today. Can work and my 1949 Indian will have a beautiful new Asian girlfriend beside him. I'm 6'2" and she's a bit small under me.... any advice on making her easier to ride. I'm going to have to mod her out and would love some ideas

12. z32800

z32800 Member

Google searched XJ750E-II and boom straight into the site.

13. Markg

Markg New Member

Borrowed a friends old xj650 so the wife to learn how to ride. A few repairs later (thanks to this sight) she is riding and I even picked up a XJ1100 for myself.

14. westcoaster

westcoaster New Member

I was referred by a member of the main Yamaha forum :)

15. RonWagner

RonWagner Member

Mountaintrout,

I know what you are saying, I'm your size and even the big bikes are still built for the average size person. I have an XS850 and it is even too small. I use it for my highway bike. I changed the handle bars and that helped a lot. Other than highway pegs it is tough to relocate the pegs and still have ground clearance and make the shife and brake pedal work right.

16. FtUp

FtUp Well-Known Member

main Yamaha forum? I thought this was the main Yamaha forum. :wink:

CN

17. jrutgers

jrutgers New Member

Merry X-mas everyone!
    Janne is my name and I am located in Sweden.
    I found this site when surfing the net for information about the XJ 650 1982 Seca, as I have one that I intend to bring back to life.
    Last winter I restored a 1981 CB 750 F but as I like to both ride and restore I purchased a XJ as well, and honestly, I'm quite keen to get it on the road as it seems to be a fun ride?
    At first glance, it seems more modern in its engineering compared to the one year older honda?

The things that will need some love is fork, brakes, clutch and gearbox. The gearbox is already taken care of, as there was a peace of plastic that loosened from the cam shaft tensioner, but know removed, thanks to this site! Thank you very much.
    The plan is to ride the Xj the coming Sumer and restore the Honda to mint.

Hope to see you out there!

/JR

18. ruthless

ruthless New Member

Well just before Christmas I got an xj550 for free and was looking for a site to get info about this bike so I just started looking around.

19. Fredr1kh

Fredr1kh New Member

Got here by googling for parts and knowledge for xj650
    Have been hanging around since then

20. bgh1978

bgh1978 New Member

I heard about this website through "Motolady". This biker babe blogger told me about this site so I can learn how to repair my bike on my own. I started following her blog, and reached out telling her my story about my 82 XJ650 SECA. She then told me that her first bike was the same one! From then on she was more than willing to give resources. I believe she is still a member.