1. Some members were not receiving emails sent from XJbikes.com. For example: "Forgot your password?" function to reset your password would not send email to some members. I believe this has been resolved now. Please use "Contact Us" form (see page footer link) if you still have email issues. SnoSheriff

    Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

buying and selling values

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by ERRKON, Aug 6, 2013.

  1. ERRKON

    ERRKON Member

    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Sonoma, CA
    So a recent accident involving my parked 82 seca has turned into a blessing in disguise. Geico put a value of $2200 on a 1982 650 seca with 28k miles. The cost to repair was estimated at $1100. My cost to repair $100 (used handle bar and exhaust) at a cycle salvage yard.


    What would you pay/sell a for a similar bike.

    what if it had 70k miles?
     
  2. ElkHavenSeca

    ElkHavenSeca Active Member

    Messages:
    897
    Likes Received:
    33
    Trophy Points:
    28
    Location:
    Sedro woolley wa
    Depends on condition , miles , rust , ect
     
  3. ERRKON

    ERRKON Member

    Messages:
    41
    Likes Received:
    1
    Trophy Points:
    8
    Location:
    Sonoma, CA
    Well I guess I should list those details shouldnt I? since this is hypothetical lets say pre accident condition.

    30K miles
    No rust
    starts & runs fine
     
  4. Polock

    Polock Well-Known Member

    Messages:
    9,751
    Likes Received:
    2,101
    Trophy Points:
    113
    Location:
    Beaver Falls, PA
    price depends a lot on where you are, around here 1700 tops for a gem, 1000 for a runner, 5 to 700 for a "needs work"
     
  5. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

    Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

    Messages:
    492
    Likes Received:
    7
    Trophy Points:
    18
    Location:
    Duluth, MN
    I don't think I'd buy a bike with 70k miles, I've passed on them at 50k. You just don't know what POs have done (or not done), and I don't feel confident doing a complete engine/drive train rebuild.

    Yet.
     

Share This Page