1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Faction.Arms and his new 750Max!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Faction.Arms, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Faction.Arms

Faction.Arms Member

Hello from Iowa! My name is Jesse, (aka: Faction.Arms, aka: pMod, aka: peculiarModification)

I started into motorcycles about 7 years ago on a beautiful 650Max, (i believe it was an 82 or 83) which my father now owns it over in Washington state.
    (Last time I was there, he had the carb rack meticulously disassembled for some needed cleaning.)

I've been looking for a "new" bike for a couple years now, and I clearly couldn't get my old Maxim out of my head.

So last week, I came home with this beautiful machine!

[​IMG]

It's a 1982 XJ750 Maxim! Yaay!
    It's got a broken speedo, with the miles last stopped at 16720 (PO claims only to have added less than 2k to that number) and a host of other small things needing some TLC.
    It fires up on full enrichment, and the guy rode it down the highway to the walmart to sell to me... but i can't ride it around town just yet.
    (The plugs are coated in soot, the guy was riding it on PRI and possibly even on enrichment, more elsewhere)

Once I get figure out where to start up a technical thread for my bike issues and the work i do on it, I will link it here.
    [EDIT:] Here's my technical thread.

[​IMG]

The technical help this website has allowed me to absorb is quite substantial, and I'm looking forward to being a productive member of the community!

Thanks in advance for the assistance!

-Faction.Arms

2. Faction.Arms

Faction.Arms Member

Should I start a thread for my work, pics, and advice in the XJ Chat section?

3. ski84

ski84 Member

Welcome Jesse, very nice specimen you got there, looks very complete. Posting in the chat section is fine. I would go through the carbs to start with. Just do a search for carb cleaning and be organized when you take them apart. Good luck!

4. pjk_xj700

pjk_xj700 Member

Welcome to the board, have fun.

5. jmilliken

jmilliken Well-Known Member

welcome man! There's a link in my signature that took the time to write up a fairly complete re-commissioning and links to articles on it. Check it out.