1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

900F carb throttle spindle

Discussion in 'Other' started by Trikerbo, Nov 8, 2013.

1. Trikerbo

Trikerbo New Member

Hey guys,
    my 900f is leaking petrol from the outside left carb throttle spindle. Is there an easy fix or is it easier to get another set of carbs.

2nd question anyone got a set of carbs for sale

Cheers

2. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Hi, you might get more views for this if it were posted in the XJ area. Saying that, I'll have a stab at it :)

I don't know why petrol would leak out of the spindle really as there should be a vacuum there when the motor's running, but I guess if the seal's really bad then it could possibly show a light misting of fuel there. Are you sure it's not oil that someone put on the shaft or something else?

If it's definitely leaking then the answer would be to fit a new throttle shaft seal, and as its the outer one it's a fairly easy job, just pop the circlip off, remove the plastic washer and old seal then as Haynes says "reassembly is the reverse of...." :D

That said, if one seal is bad then the others could be too & that can cause issues getting a steady, slow enough idle. How is it running?

Also, theres a section at the top for for sale/wanted that will get more views for the second question ;)

P.S. oh cool you're in the UK too lol

3. Trikerbo

Trikerbo New Member

I was hoping it would be a fix along those lines but couldn't find any diagrams or assembly instructions let alone the parts online.
    It's running ok ish sounds like the timing is off when under load and backfires and pops under de-acceleration revs and sounds fine in neutral.

Cheers for the quick reply

4. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

My friend had one (briefly)
    The tensioner for the exhaust chain shatters throwing the exhaust out of time. The chain will hit the valve cover too.

5. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Just found this post that may be some help if you can't find the right seals... Do join us in the main forums though there's a lot more chance of getting help, not many people bother looking all the way down here in the "Other" forum...

6. Trikerbo

Trikerbo New Member

Cheers for the info.
    Tried main dealers and it's not on their machine also tried the Mikuni European distributers and it's not on theirs as Yamaha wanted to supply them.
    Put an order into Chacal for them today but if that doesn't work out I'll try those Suzuki ones.
    Big dollop of red grease over it has helped

Thanks again