1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

1980 XJ650 17k miles Fred, VA

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by dubyaohohdee, Mar 24, 2014.

1. dubyaohohdee

dubyaohohdee Member

Well it has been real, but the time has come for me to step away from the XJ world. Thanks to all of those that have made this forum a great resource. Never really spent much time on aesthetics but it runs solidly. I mostly commute on the bike 35 miles each way. Here is the rundown on my bike.

Not sure of how much to ask, I figure I will stick at $1500 for awhile and see how things shake out. Any opinions on that price?

See video for overview - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zC-4cJ9fdmg

Cash or may consider partial/full trade for cherokee, wrangler, 4x4, enclosed trailer, enduro, dirt bike <250cc, tw200, klr 250 650, dr, drz, etc cash +/- to even up trade

New tires last year.
    Rebuilt front brake caliper + new pads
    New master cylinder
    stainless steel brake lines
    Daytona Bars
    Napoleon Bar end mirrors
    Forks Seals replaced last year
    Valves checked and synced 2kmiles ago
    carbs rebuilt and synced
    new 4-2 exhaust
    new fuse box
    new windshield
    new rear shoes
    replaced diff oil
    prob some other little stuff

Negatives -
    Average appearance
    #3 spark plug may be crossthreaded. may be. I dont remember what exactly made me think that, but I have decided to just leave well enough alone. bike runs very well IMO so I decided to ignore.
    little backfire popping on decel

2. ManBot13

ManBot13 Well-Known Member

You should really update the picture in your ad if you want to get a good price for your bike. You've got the stock bars, no windshield, and a huge dent in the tank in the pic. Maybe even roll it out of the garage and take some nice pics on a good day.

I was hoping to sell my 750 Seca in similar road ready condition for the same price. My plans have changed (I had extra parts that I planned on selling with the bike that weren't painted, now I'm getting them painted and I don't want to sell the bike). Hope you get some interest on CL

3. dubyaohohdee

dubyaohohdee Member

Lol yeah, that is on my todo list today. I figure most people that would be interested in such a bike would watch the video and thus see what they were actually getting. Had not actually planned on selling until end of April so I figured I would just put out a "feeler" to see if any interest.

4. RPHRIDER

RPHRIDER Member

Looks like a nice "Honest" bike. I hope you get your price