1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

I just don't get it

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by pmjydnl, Mar 28, 2014.

1. quebecois59

quebecois59 Well-Known Member

Don't you know that a crowd is as stupid as its most stupid individual ?

2. TIMEtoRIDE

TIMEtoRIDE Active Member

The unedited time coulda been 15 minutes - anybody know ??

And to think we run a box fan while tuning, at idle !!

3. Joedanbeck

Joedanbeck New Member

Based on the color scheme i don't think that bike had a happy life.

4. rmcrow

rmcrow Member

Uhhmm really. This is the kind of person that can blow up a beautiful machine to make their insecure ego feel better.

They should waste their money on a Harley.

Someone pls explain this kind of thing and straight pipes too me.

I live where there is a bike rally every year and my wife gets me in to several fights each year with people that trailer their bikes in every year. I am a late 80's modelk BMW fan for touring and bought an xj for my wife.

I have been stomping the hell out of street bikes on the maxim I am restoring for my wife and loving how Yamaha made the 85 700 maxim quiet and powerful.

Really please let me know what makes you rev an aircooled engine rill it blows and waste the time and money it costs for a bike this old.

5. pmjydnl

pmjydnl Member

I doubt that those involved...biker and crowd combined would have the interlect to read,understand and comprehend let alone response to any of the comments made here.

6. tskaz

tskaz Active Member

He lit a cigarette when he started.

At 2:59 when he starts the burnout he doesn't have the cigarette anymore.

As a smoker, I know that it takes roughly 6 minutes to smoke a cigarette.

So we know at least some creative editing was done.

Also, they probably didn't check the valve clearances before they started, it looks like they burn a valve about 2 minutes in.

7. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

^ This... And Ron's exploding fuel tank comment, pretty much sum up my feelings on the matter. Shameful behaviour & sadly the kind of thing that gets noticed by "outsiders" and forms their mental image of what bikers are like, when really what they're seeing is what retards with motorbikes are like.

I'm surprised there were so many people watching & cheering too, I mean I love a good burnout to finish off a dead rear tyre & no doubt a lot of people do, but that's just pointless vandalism not to mention a waste of a good bike (even if it was a breaker).

I'm not one to wish any living thing any ills usually but it's really quite sad that the idiot on the throttle didn't get some serious injuries for his efforts, perhaps castration by a flying chunk of con rod.... Would have been sort of like Darwinism at work had he been "selected against" in that way [/rant]

8. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

His hat is on backwards.
    And it most likely is the headgear that he wears when he is actually riding on 2 wheels - 'nuff said. :?

9. dirtymike

dirtymike Member

This is at a bike rally, do you see the patches on their backs. They do it at alot of Harley only rallies. It seems pretty obvious that they dont like Jap bikes. Ah eyes wide open.

10. sektorgaz

sektorgaz Member

It's the crank...

11. Gunbunny

Gunbunny Member

That made me sick.

Coming from someone who owns a Harley, I'm pretty sure the reason these asses destroyed this perfectly good bike is because not one of their Harleys could keep up with it.

And so they got angry, and killed it.

RIP 700 Seca.

12. dirtymike

dirtymike Member

13. Gunbunny

Gunbunny Member

I'll be the first one to say that there's nothing really like a Harley. There's a personality there that no other bike really has.

At the same time though, while I've ridden some really, really fast Harleys, they're only MAYBE as quick as an entry level sportbike. And that's a Harley that's had tons & tons of work done.

14. dirtymike

dirtymike Member

15. Kilted_to_the_Max(im)

Kilted_to_the_Max(im) Member

Actually, that's kinda true. It's called Deindividuation, and we see it all the time in large groups (sporting events, street mobs, etc). Essentially, when you are anonymous in a crowd, you'll behave like everyone else in the crowd. All it takes is one to act like a moron and the rest follow suit even if it's something they wouldn't normally do.

Did a thesis on it. It's surprisingly common.

16. dirtymike

dirtymike Member

Never follow your leaders blindly.

17. SHOOTER

SHOOTER Member

i have seen a couple videos of people doing this to yamaha maxims or secas and they all last at least 5 mins at full throttle. that is pretty good. actually every one i have seen would have kept running if the hoses wouldnt have melted and wires and things like that. they have all just caught fire then they stopped running them. the engines themselves didnt actually blow up just the stuff on the outside that couldnt take the extreme heat. so these bikes are far better than what u see in this video. if u would put a fan in front of them who knows how long you could abuse them. no harley or any v-twin for that matter would take that abuse.