1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Membership Advisory: Potential Identity Theft Risk High!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by RickCoMatic, Jan 10, 2014.

1. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

Members:

I received a call from my Bank advising me to closely monitor my Credit Card statements for unauthorized transactions resulting from the vast amount of personal information compromised in the cyber attack of Target Stores.

The fraudulent transaction may be for less than 5-dollars, (five dollars) I was advised.
    You are at risk if you shopped at Target between Black Friday and New Years using your Credit Card or Debit Card. PIN Numbers of Debit Cards were compromised in the attack.

In order to be completely protected you must contact your Credit Card bank's Customer Service Dept. and CHANGE your ACCOUNT NUMBER.

Watch your local TV News stations and listen to Radio News stations for the 800 Number to call for details regarding this situation and the risk to you.

Insist that your present CREDIT CARD ACCOUNT be closed and a NEW ACCOUNT be established.
    Change PIN Numbers.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/what-to-do- ... ft-victim/

Rick Massey

2. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

Re: Membership Advisory: Potential Identity Theft Risk High

It pays to watch your statements even if you don't/didn't use the card at Target.

My business card gets used very few places, never Target and got hit for a charge apparently from Great Brittan. It's never been to Great Brittan either.

3. adrian1

adrian1 Active Member

4. hellboy7

hellboy7 New Member

Yes, I already changed all my information. I actually do shop at target. When I went into my bank, my tellers asked me if I needed to do a quick change of everything... so it was pretty painless. They knew what was going on and have bulletins up all over.

5. 750E-II_29Rbloke

750E-II_29Rbloke Active Member

Re: Membership Advisory: Potential Identity Theft Risk High

Sorry, really needed those 5 new Yamahas though! :p 8O

Seriously though, I'm surprised that was even able to happen given the different currency. Did the c/c company contact you because of the unusual transaction or did you just notice it in your statement?

6. MiGhost

MiGhost Well-Known Member

Lower 48 in general. Otherwise Central Mitten.
    The problem is far bigger than just the Target, or Nehman Marcus hacks.
    My company cards get changed regularly because of misc charges on a vehicle only card.

Do not let those cards out of your sight!

Ghost