1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Ride pics

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by fozziebear, Jun 10, 2007.

1. fozziebear

fozziebear Member

Well the shoulder is healed enough to ride again so yesterday I went out for a little bit and took some pictures while I was out.Cleveland can't hope to compare to awsome places some of you folks live but it's home.

Attached Files:

2. fozziebear

fozziebear Member

A few more pics.

Attached Files:

3. SalCycle

SalCycle Member

That's a nice looking bike. I like the pics. Happy riding.

4. Scrape

Scrape Member

A very nice bike for sure Fozziebear and I loved the pics also, thanks!

5. kontiki

kontiki Member

Great pics! Nice bike too.

Ya gotta love it.

Semper Fi

6. Supernaut

Supernaut Member

I notice your saddle bags are very close to your exhaust pipes. Does this pose a problem at all? I've been looking around for bags and am having a hell of a time finding something suitable for the maxim.

7. fozziebear

fozziebear Member

The saddlebags look close to the pipes but there is about 2 1/2 inches of clearance. The bottom of the bags don't get hot even with the bike just sitting and idling and when moving there is plenty of air movement to keep them cool.

Attached Files:

8. Altus

Altus Active Member

Geez with those shots of Lake Erie - I should take a ride down to Port Stanley or even Rondeau Park and give you some pictures from the other side! :lol:

9. Oblivion

Oblivion Active Member

Nice shots. As the Drew Carey Show informed us, Cleveland Rocks!

I wonder how many MSF instructors/graduates cringed at seeing your helmet storage methods ;) I'll admit, I DO employ the 'hang it from the handlebar' method of temporary helmet storage. I haven't dropped one off of there yet. Yet. Anything more than a few minutes, and it goes on the helmet lock on the side of the bike (not sure if all XJs have those) or comes with me, but while I put my other gear on, it's so easy to just hang it there. Having said all that, I'll probably drop my new RF-1000 today. :D

10. motoxrcr

motoxrcr New Member

Nice looking bike, where did you buy your bags? Pictures are great. Thanks for sharing

11. fozziebear

fozziebear Member

I sometimes hang the helmet on the bars if it will only be a few seconds or so.Usually I use the helmet lock or slide it over the top of the sissybar, and at home or work I have a heavy weight fleece helmet bag that I made to keep it clean and safe. I got the saddlebags at the local dealer for $115dollars.They are Willy and Max compact slant and I like them a lot. I couldn't find any supports so I made some myself from some junk I had in the garage.
    Downtown Cleveland is pretty nice but if you get about a block or two away it goes downhill really fast and bad so you have to be careful and watch where you are going.