1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

WOOO HOOO!!!

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Lantzalott, Apr 13, 2014.

1. Lantzalott

Lantzalott New Member

I finally put the new air pods on and the new fuel screws(2 sizes up), adjusted the air/fuel mix a bit and I couldn't be happier!! My xj1100j is running like a brand new machine! She is super fast...and the new sound when I get on it is awesome!!

2. pjk_xj700

pjk_xj700 Member

Good to hear. You may want to specify what parameters you're using, in case someone in the future tries to do the same thing as you.

(which carbs, which pods, pilot jets, main jets, air / fuel screw location, elevation, etc.)

3. dmlyster

dmlyster Member

well, maybe short on specifics but a happy rider after carb work gives me hope.

4. Lantzalott

Lantzalott New Member

Sorry gentlemen. Was just so happy that it all went so well. The airpods are 54mm, made by EMGO and are the clamp-on style with the chrome end cap. The main fuel jets are 2 sizes bigger than the standard for the xj1100j. I believe the salesman said 17.5? I had to adjust the air/fuel mixture screws about 1/4 turn counter clockwise and she runs excellent. I live in Cathlamet, Washington on the Columbia river and elevation is pretty much sea level.
    Hope this infor is helpful. Ride on my brothers!!

5. pjk_xj700

pjk_xj700 Member

Awesome info. I'm sure someone will google up that info in the future and thank you as well.

Have fun ( still white stuff around here ).