1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

What's my bike worth??

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Maxxwell311, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Maxxwell311

Maxxwell311 New Member

Was wondering what the value is on my '82 Seca 550
    Bike is in good shape with 6,400 original miles. Newer rubber, carbs re-built last fall, seat has 1/2" tear on one side. Bike has always been stored inside. I have photos in my gallery. Seals on front shocks need replaced, and front break feels a bit soft.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. XJOE550

XJOE550 Active Member

Maxwell, really can't give good opinion without any good quality pictures posted. But from your description it sounds like a decent bike. The low millage and indoor storage and its a good runner, definitely add value. All depends on how much rust if any is on the bike and the condition of the body set and paint. Is the compression numbers good? Are the tires less than 4 yrs old and in good condition? And a very important point, does it have a good title under your name? A bad title will devalue a bike greatly. All I can offer is information about what I paid for mine. Guy was asking $1000.00 and I got it for $600.00. Condition was fair. Had aprox. 30,000 miles, dent on tank and fender, problem spots with paint, ripped seat, bad brakes and so on. The good points were, all the parts were there (minus fairing), new chain, 3 year old tires in good condition, valid title and it ran. I think I paid just what it was worth. Sorry I can't give you an exact number. But I would say if it is in excellent condition, than around $2000.00. But I have seen one here locally asking for $2995.00. Hasn't sold in the last 4 months. Good luck.

Edit: Sorry, just saw the pictures in your gallery. Had missed that part. Too bad the pictures are not a little bigger to get more detail. But, Biggest issue I see is the missing right side cover. So lets say for $2000.00 to $2200.00 for a near perfect bike (not museum bike), then subtract from that price due to any issues it may have (i.e., missing right side panel, ripped seat, fork seals, missing fairing, brake job, etc). I would say $1000.00 to $1500.00 depending on your area. Would also take off the back rack and offer it as part of the sale. Bike looks better without it installed.

3. hogfiddles

hogfiddles XJ-Wizard, Host-Central NY Carb Clinic Moderator Premium Member

No, take the back rack off, you would sell the back rest as an "unobtanium" option available at an extra cost.

Dave

4. Maxxwell311

Maxxwell311 New Member

XJOE550, thanks for the info. I forgot the pics show the bike without the right side cover. I do have the right side cover, just wasn't on when the pics were shot. I believe the tires are right around 3 years old. The rack on the back was taken off. Thanks again for your input, you're not too far off from what I was thinking it is worth. I'm having a very hard time even thinking about getting rid of it.

5. FtUp

FtUp Well-Known Member

I sent you a pm about your rack.

CN

6. bigfitz52

bigfitz52 Well-Known Member Premium Member

Where in Michigan and why are you selling it?

7. jesse8931

jesse8931 Member

I'm in ypsilanti I would be interested in the bike.

8. gomk007

gomk007 Member

Fitz - You should pick-up the '82, then you will have all 3 colors!!!