1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. Longway

Longway Member

I'm in the UK and have just bought an XJ700 Maxim X water cooled, and info in the UK is very limited, I also own a XJ900S Diversion and think these bikes are very underated. In search of info for the XJ700, I came across this website and pretty sure I'll be dropping in on a regular basis

2. tom.mcmullen

tom.mcmullen New Member

Found this on facebook. I just wish there were xj owners in my area ( yelm washington)

3. MarkV

MarkV Member

Search engine was Google. Don't remember the exact wording, but was looking for Carb cleaning information on my 81' xj550. And phrase the lord, I stumbled onto "the church of clean ".

4. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

There's a couple guys north of you near Tacoma and Kent - check the Hotspots tab.

5. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Just got my "new" 1982 seca. I was trying to find a service manual, either through a google search or linked from themotorcyclemedic.com. I am amazed by the amount of info here. I searched online for weeks trying to find info on tach\speedo replacement and found nothing. Then i found xjbikes, and within minutes, I was reading a how-to from a guy that has done exactly what I was thinking of! Now I'm gonna immerse myself in xj info 'till I drown! Yay!

Stumplifter, rocs82650 and MarkV like this.
  6. dizzycow

dizzycow Member

googled "Yamaha XJ650 Forum"

7. John Purcell

John Purcell Member

Googled "1981 yamaha xj650 carb boot repair" when I was looking at buying my '82 XJ650RJ Seca off Craigslist. Found a link to this site on the second page of the search results. Used Chacal's VIN guide to find out that the bike was incorrectly listed and look up parts availability before I purchased the bike. Amazing site, amazing people! Thanks, SnoSheriff!!

8. Skwerly

Skwerly Member

yup, good old Google for me, too. I got a clapped out bobber project and figured I'd see if there was a forum. My, how i was surprised at this community! :)

9. DarinAdkins

DarinAdkins Member

found this forum via google when I was searching for bike forums

10. Gediminas

Gediminas New Member

Hi, came here looking for help and useful information as I have recently bought 1981 XJ650. doing some mofidications, will let you all know how it goes soon. cheers!

11. Mad_Bohemian

Mad_Bohemian Active Member

tripped over my cat in the dark, hit my head on the keyboard and viola, here I was :p

12. DarinAdkins

DarinAdkins Member

lol nice one :p

13. jayrodoh

jayrodoh YimYam

Bought one after a couple beers with an old friend and figured I better see what I got myself into. Found this site first.

14. GFunk

GFunk Member

Bought an 81 XJ650 a few years ago and joined this forum, I was all about the build then lost steam. Over the past two months I have been lurking the forum and kicking ass with my build! Thanks for all the great posts and guidance, this forum certainly helped shape my bike

15. Benjamin Findley

Benjamin Findley New Member

First of all, Thank you for this site.. This is my first day on here and just by reading some post a lot of my questions and some ideas I've had have been fulfilled...I found your site via google searching for the VIN breakdown..

16. Paul G

Paul G New Member

Hello everyone. I was just doing a search on tank rust removal. I have a 79 XS1100 I know its not a XJ but there is so much info here I had to join.

17. Dusty650

Dusty650 New Member

Just bought a 1981 xj650 maxim, plan on turning into a badass bobber/cafe hybrid, just googled 1981 yamaha xj650 and this forum popped up. glad it did!

18. JustinOther1

JustinOther1 Member

Chacal's VIN guide was the first thing I stumbled into. And now when I have questions about my bike I be sure to include site:xjbikes.com in my search.

19. JustinOther1

JustinOther1 Member

Welcome to the community. We're uhh... gonna need to see lots of photos of it.

20. tcoop

tcoop Active Member

Welcome to the forum Geezer Ryder. Nice bike you have there! I too found a low mileage bike in Utah. It is an XJ1100 with only 3600 miles! Apparently some people buy bikes but never ride them. o_O
    [​IMG]

Will be cleaning this one up for my wife. She put a clam on it as soon as she heard how many miles it had. She is defiantly a keeper...The wife and the bike. :rolleyes: