1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

:-) Full face melmet

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Bushy, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

38 years ago I went flying over a car that didn't give way when they should have and again a couple of years later but a bit different ( I've been much more alert since then ). I landed on the chin of the helmet and am still good lookin' to prove the value of the full face. About 6 months ago there was something up ahead, couldn't quite work out that it was a bee swarm 'til i was almost in it, a quick flip of visor down and a stop to shake of the hangers on.

Today out of nowhere at about 100kph it was a pigeon smack in the middle of the visor which was open a bit to get the air, the visor flexed and bumped my nose but no damage. Went back to check the bird it's dead. I reckon I'd have been unable to see the road without the visor, it was quite a whack.

So wear a full face I sez.

2. Bushy

Bushy Active Member

oh good grief for spelling, title didn't come up in edit

MattiThundrrr likes this.
  3. bmarzka

bmarzka Active Member

I wear a full-face helmet. 6 and half years ago I had an occasion to land on the pavement face first. Received a concussion, cracked cheek bone and a black eye. Had it been an open-face, I probably wouldn't being shaving the left side of my face. No helmet and I wouldn't be here to tell you this.

4. MattiThundrrr

MattiThundrrr Not a guru

Yeah, brain buckets are great when you have nothing on the bottom half of your head that's worth saving! As for me, I am gorgeous, so full-face for me!

5. Hotcakesman

Hotcakesman Active Member

I love my half helmet, but if bugs or dumbass drivers are involved.. I wear my full face
    I am ugly already

6. MiCarl

MiCarl Active Member

I wear a full face. Ground a good bit of the chin bar away in a slide a few years ago.

Besides, covering up I'm less likely to scare other motorists.

7. FtUp

FtUp Well-Known Member

last month when the wife and I went to Portland for the one moto show, she had an incident where she locked up the front brake on here scooter in a corner. the scooter went down, she took one of the handlebar ends just above the hip, banged her knee on the ground (good thing she was wearing Kevlar cycle pants) and kissed the pavement with her face shield. we were both glad it was a full face helmet, because if it hadn't been, things would have been bloody and it would have meant a hospital visit. as it was, she shook it off we picked up the scooter and continued about our day and she still has her pretty face. yay for full face helmets!

FU