1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

In need of a Seca 650 motor

Discussion in 'For Sale, Trade/Swap, Wanted' started by On1wheel01, Jun 4, 2007.

1. seca6750

seca6750 New Member

750 is a drop in replacement. Its what's in my Seca 650. I bought it that way. the one difference between the two motors is that the 750 is a YICS motor and the 650 isn't. Probably explains the carburetion issues I'm having. I'm seriously thinking about putting the original 650 back in mine.

2. On1wheel01

On1wheel01 Member

Well if all else fails i guess I will go back to a 650 motor. But I would like to have more power, maybe a 900( that would be great). But a 750 would be nice to.

3. RickCoMatic

RickCoMatic Well-Known Member

I have my doubts about a 750 Plant fitting-into a 650 frame.

The 750 and 900 share lower-ends. The 650 has different mounting; I'm afraid to say!

4. On1wheel01

On1wheel01 Member

So the 750 is not the same as the 650? I was told that it is virtually the same just bigger bore. And that it would drop right in. Well would the drive shaft line up? Also does anyone know if a 650 turbo be faster than a 750 non? I guess I could just get a turbo motor. I wonder how it would look without all the fairings on it.

5. geebake

geebake Member

I have both a 750 and Turbo. No question, the Turbo is faster. The 750 is nice, but the Turbo will out accelerate it in a heartbeat.

The Turbo motor looks identical to a 650 from the outside.

I don't know if or how you could mount all the turbo extras on a regular 650 frame though.

I think it would work as a normally aspirated motor, but I'm not convinced it would be the best solution.

Greg

6. On1wheel01

On1wheel01 Member

Are their more bolt holes in it or something? Or is it the body work that holds all the stuff on. I like my 650, but It needs more umph. My old bike was a zx6r, I understand that I wont be as fast. But some more power would be nice.

7. seca6750

seca6750 New Member

Oh, it fits all right. I've got the bike to prove it. In my opinion it's not worth making the swap though. Very, very little difference in HP and torque. Plus YICS to deal with on the 750 and no tach unless you can find a round electric one. I plan on eventually putting the original 650 motor back into mine this winter.

8. seca6750

seca6750 New Member

Your old zx6r has 4 valves per cyl. the seca will never be as fast, except maybe a 650 turbo model. I get spanked all the time in ET in the drags at Infineon, but my seca is consistant as can be and that IS the name of the game in Bracket racing, not how fast it is. Besides the Seca will smoke just about any production car out there :D