1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

XJ CD

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by bikerdragon, Jul 21, 2007.

1. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

if everyone has the XJ CD, has anyone made an ISO/ZIP of it yet and posted it online?

2. BlueMaxim

BlueMaxim Active Member

No one here has and we wouldn't. It is not a free item and we want to respect those who have worked to compile all the info. For all you get it is a steal at $10. More info than any manual has or will ever have.

3. Energi2er

Energi2er Member

thats actually a good idea, not to give it away free. but just email a link to it when the 10 bucks is paid. Most of us have high speed connections, and CD burners. Sooooo much faster than snail mail...

4. kontiki

kontiki Member

It is 3 CDs, it could be a long download. Anyways, as a former computer engineer I can tell you that you are far better off having the CDs on site. If you lose you hard drive, or want to upgrade your computer its a great comfort to know that you have the CD set safely tucked away for immediate re-installation.

I have the XJ CDs and can't imagine owning an XJ and not having them.

5. Meighty

Meighty New Member

It would only be a short time before they were out floating around the net for everyone and their dog to download.

6. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

ok....

so then who's willing to create an ISO and i'll pay 10 bucks through paypal for it. i just think its silly using snail mail when we have the technology at hand for immediate possession.

7. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

as a current computer aided engineering analyst i can tell you its even better to have back-ups of back-ups. having the cd's installed, a back-up on CD and a ZIP/ISO sitting on a thumb drive is the best thing.

8. ridz

ridz Member

I agree totally with that statement.

Thats all I got to say bout that.

9. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

3 cd's so were talking bout max bout 2gig, i've download movies bigger then that.

10. ridz

ridz Member

You know there was a huge debate over this and if you search the forums you could find it and all the debate it raised...so with that being said, you should be able to tell how long this could go on..

Its like pulling up to the fast food window and trying to take orders one @ a time for a whole football team!

11. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

that's fine i understand you guys dont want to have it posted, but is anyone willing to send it over the net, i'll pay the 10 bucks for it through paypal.

12. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

hell i'll even bump it up to 15 bucks for the trouble of making the ZIP/ISO's...lol

13. KiwiXJ750D

KiwiXJ750D Member

What you are asking is forbidden by the copyright owners of the XJCDs. It has been talked about on this forum. Send them the $ and they will send you the CDs.

14. ridz

ridz Member

Tsk,Tsk...So it begins :roll:

15. kontiki

kontiki Member

The fact is that setting up and managing a site that allows for downloads via credit card and a pass-key or activation code is no trivial matter. Not only that, but the credit card companies take a cut of the profits so the price would have to go up to compensate for that...

Then you need someone to to set up (i.e. write some software) and manage the site or you have to pay a "shopping basket" providor to handle the credit card prossesing part of it and you still have to integerate the server to server protocols.

Yes, its extremely do-able but who has the time to do it (software guys wanna get paid for their development time) and so the cost for the CDs will have to go up to cover.

16. singlewm35

singlewm35 New Member

I clicked the link to order the cd, got some dude's email addy, but never got a reply from him. I would like to have a copy of the CD so who do I need to speak with to obtain one ?

17. bikerdragon

bikerdragon New Member

same here :!:

18. Meighty

Meighty New Member

Makes 3 of us :(

19. Energi2er

Energi2er Member

me too thats 4.. mailed the check over a week ago, and asked him to reply by email, and still nothing.

20. kontiki

kontiki Member

It took three weeks to get mine. Be patient, the guy that does this has been buidling a house and doesn't get to check his email every day, and only has a chance to sit down and send out CDs once every week or so.

If you want to expedite things just send the check for $10 to the stated name and and address and you'll get it as soon as he send out the next batch.