1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Anyone Near ST. LOUIS??

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by moguy, Mar 15, 2006.

1. kgriff

kgriff New Member

Sunday July 15th is less than 2 weeks away. Who's all in? If someone has a YICS tool please bring it. Otherwise we'll have to "improvise".

I'll open the garage at 10 AM. BBQ will be served early afternoon.

My address and google map are as follows:

6517 Shillington Oaks Dr.
    Cedar Hill, MO 63016

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... iwloc=addr

2. gwh57

gwh57 New Member

Hi
    I just printed the map and I will be there on the 15th. What if it's raining is it still on for that day? I have a YICS tool. Do you have a air compressor or do I need to bring one? We are also going to need spray carb cleaner.

3. superluckycat

superluckycat Member

I could be up for that. I'm in KC though so that's a pretty good ride, especially if the bike doesn't run on Sunday Night :(

I just started leaking fuel today out of one of the carbs, probably a stuck float.

What do I need to buy for a rebuild kit?

Thanks,

Mikel

4. gwh57

gwh57 New Member

Hi
    If I were you I would bring it in a pickup or trailer. You are correct in assuming anything can go wrong and leave you stranded. Another option is drive your car and just bring the carbs. Usually no parts needed when cleaning carbs.

5. moguy

moguy Member

got my new tire, wohoo!!! I will be there. it looks like sunday will be a very nice day.

6. kgriff

kgriff New Member

Sunday July 15th is almost here!

We have burgers and brats, chips and dip, soda, and I believe that my wife is making another dish or two (potatoes and beans). The pool will be open just in case it becomes too hot. (Oh yeah, July in St. Louis = too hot.) Hopefully this will encourage a fee more participants. Feel free to bring a guest.

I have a Carbtune II and a 14 mm Colortune plug. We have a YICS tool coming. I have an air compressor, fuel supply, a couple of box fans for the air cooled bikes, 4 or 5 cans of Carb Cleaner, and plenty of wrenches, ratchets, and sockets.

I'll open the garage at 10 AM. BBQ will be served early afternoon.

If it rains, I'll completely leave that up to all that will be traveling. The 2 car garage is obviously covered so we would stay dry in there. But it's not going to rain. :)

Hopefully we'll have a decent turn out. See you all Sunday.

My address and google map are as follows:

Keith Griffith
    6517 Shillington Oaks Dr.
    Cedar Hill, MO 63016
    636-274-1731

maps.google.com/maps?f...iwloc=addr

7. Earl-R

Earl-R Member

Hello All,

I'm a newbie here, just bought a 86 XJ700. I wouldn't mind stopping in to say hello and get a few pointers on the bike. I need to see if the dear wife can spare me for a couple of hours. ;)

Earl Rice
    Hazelwood

8. kgriff

kgriff New Member

Come on down Earl, the more the merrier. And you can always bring your wife with you for some free food and a dip in the pool. (Don't know if that will help sway your wife or not but it can't hurt. :))

And here's a re-list of the Google map since the last one didn't take.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&g ... iwloc=addr

9. moguy

moguy Member

I Had a great time Thank you Everyone!

10. kgriff

kgriff New Member

First I have to say sorry about the Google driving directions. The Google map was correct but the driving directions were not. So kudos to those that found my place even with the bad driving directions.

Second thanks to gwh57 my bike is running great! gwh57 had us take off our carbs and thoroughly clean them. What a difference!

Overall it was a good day. And we talked about taking a ride along the river road in Grafton, IL in the nearby future. We'll keep you posted about that.

Thanks again for all that came out and especially to gwh57 for guiding us in this endeavor.

11. hit440

hit440 New Member

Hey, I live in Jeff City, i have an 86 maxim, i have been looking for some people to ride with

12. kgriff

kgriff New Member

hit440 sorry to say that you just missed our carb clinic. It was a good one too. When we get the River Ride going we'll be sure to let you know.

13. Earl-R

Earl-R Member

Sorry I missed the party. My mother decided to stop for a visit and I didn't dare leave my wife with her alone if I knew what was good for me. Anyway I hope you guys do this again soon.

14. tomestl

tomestl Member

Sorry I missed the Carb Day, and the River Ride. Count me in if you guys decide to get together again for rides or wrenches.

By the way, KUDOS to kgriff and gwh57!

15. moguy

moguy Member

hit440 I am inbetween Jeff City and Stl. let me know if ya wanna go for a ride sometime I could meet in Rolla or somewhere on hwy50.

Is Anyone going to the Lake this weekend for the bike fest there?

16. chevy66driver

chevy66driver Member

Hey everyone, I just got my first motorcycle, an xj650 maxim. I love it but it needs a little work. Too bad I missed the "Carb clinic" last year, but I figured I would try to re-open this thread and see 1) how many people are in the st. louis area 2) is there any chance of having another carb clinic or group ride this summer

17. kgriff

kgriff New Member

Actually, it is time for our 2nd annually St. Louis Carb Clinic. I was thinking maybe one day in May. I'll be glad to host again. Let me know who's interested and what day works best for you (Saturday or Sunday).

More info to come...

18. rhys

rhys Member

hit440, I'm in Columbia. We should get together sometime and tear up some of the blacktop around here.

19. tomestl

tomestl Member

Count me in on either day. And many thanks for your offer to host! I'll have to read back to see what we need to bring.
    (I'm still new at this so not to step on any toes... should this go in a new thread?)

20. chevy66driver

chevy66driver Member

Thanks for offering to host! Sundays are usually best for me.