1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

How did you get here?

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by SnoSheriff, Jun 1, 2006.

1. smoke

smoke sleepin' on the job

Just got my first bike in September. Happens to be an 82' XJ 650 Maxim. Love it! Found the forums through Google as I recall. I believe I was searching different how-to's (carb rebuild, wiring diagram, etc) for 1982 Yamaha XJ 650.

2. rocs82650

rocs82650 Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard.

Gary H.

3. Coldpaw

Coldpaw Member

Was googling around, looking for parts to rebuild my 82 650 maxim and a LOT if the instructions I needed were here!

4. smoke

smoke sleepin' on the job

Thank you! I look forward to spend the next 2-3 years (and a bunch of $) bringing my baby back to her full glory. ;)

5. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

If you can't find any instructions that you might need; just ask.
    Someone here will guide you.

Welcome to the camp!

6. mc1oo1

mc1oo1 Member

Large Marge sent me.

7. Coldpaw

Coldpaw Member

Thanks, I'm sure I will be coming here a lot lol.

8. memphis

memphis Member

I first found this site when I had an XS750, I've registered then but more active since October 2015 when I bought non runner xj650 . With members help and my money bike does work but not finished yet.

9. wifflebat

wifflebat New Member

I was trying to find some more info about my exact year and model from the VIN number after buying an XJ650 barn find last weekend and chanced upon a VERY detailed break down in here.
    Then a found the Information Overload Hour and knew I'd found summat special. Bookmarked and registered straight away!

10. Ilove the x

Ilove the x New Member

I searched Google because the previous owner of my bike didn't know what it was he had....I stumbled upon xjbikes.com,and I'm glad I did because the knowledge I've gained is tremendous.... I clicked on this site hoping to retrieve carb help and I found it quickly! I own a 400maxim and now I'm proud to say I own a xj700x... The members here are very intelligent,know their stuff but most of all,aren't afraid to help another rider out.Never been on a bike forum or a member of one by any means. Certainly the site to be a part of if ya own one of these gems,Glad I joined!!!

Ray likes this.
  11. Wagy

Wagy Active Member

Hello All, I just signed up for XJ and from some of the forums, I'm glad I did. Came across from Google search when looking for info on re-jetting my 85 xj700 maxim. Doing a full resto and modification. IT's down to frame and motor only, all painted and ready to assemble, putting on shorty pipes and air pods and I'm pretty sure the carbs are going to need to be re-done. Hoping for some help in the next couple weeks...?
    Thanks for having a site that I can go to.
    Wagy

12. kimbo

kimbo New Member

Someone left a business card from the old xj site on my bike at work a couple of years ago.

13. Str Pimpin

Str Pimpin New Member

14. Str Pimpin

Str Pimpin New Member

Howdy sheriff, i found this page by searching google looking for well, a forum on xj 650s and 750s and among all the crap i had to filter thru there was a vouple pages seemed legit and this being one of em... so here i am

15. Str Pimpin

Str Pimpin New Member

Sorry, just learning how this works. Not sure what i did here but wasnt part of me plan lol

16. Winfield.kern

Winfield.kern New Member

I found this website through a web search after picking up an '81 XJ550 Maxim from my Uncle that wasn't doing anything with it. He let it sit for 12-15 years in a shed. It is in relatively good shape considering it's neglect. I was wondering if anyone else has undertaken a project similar to this resurrection? I am new to the scene of restoring motorcycles but I'm mechanically inclined having worked in production my entire working career. I'm a little overwhelmed not knowing how much I am going to have to replace and what surpises I may find along the way. It has 33K miles on it and I am planning on starting with a compression test. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

17. Kevin A

Kevin A Member

Hi everyone , new here . I kinda just came across the group when i was searching for parts for my bike . Saw the linc and clicked on it :)

18. Mr.Tout

Mr.Tout New Member

When you google anything XJ550 this site pops up. That's how I found it anyway.

19. LeClairerog

LeClairerog 1982 XJ 750 Maxim

I came across XJBikes via google. I was searching for Yamaha motorcycle forums.

20. Sodeju

Sodeju New Member

Found xjbikes while looking for info on my bought xj550 seca and given yx600 radian. Both models are not really common in Holland. Glad i found it. Lots of good info, even for the radian as it is almost a xj600.