1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Rider to passenger communications

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Marty82650, Aug 14, 2007.

1. Marty82650

Marty82650 Member

Do any of you all use any kind of communication devices on your bikes? I have been searching the net but I am confused on what to get. Bike to bike would be nice but usually just ride alone or with passenger. I don’t care about my phone that is the last thing I want to do while riding. I would just like to talk to her while riding. We also have flip up helmets so the microphone would have to fit. Coards look like they would be a hassle to. Any advice you all would have would be helpful.
    Thanks
    Marty

2. 82XJ

82XJ Member

The system made by Motocomm has worked well for myself and some friends (we haven't used it on bikes, but that's what the system is actually designed for).

https://www.rflimited.com/Site.asp?CID=3

The speakers and microphone mount inside your helmet (they make a version for full-face and open-face helmets), and there's a quick disconnect built in - just unplug one wire at the helmet when you want to take the helmet off. The speakers are designed to not block ambient sound (traffic noise, etc). Because the speakers are mounted to the inside of the helmet, they're much more comfortable over long periods than earbuds or on-the-ear headsets.

We used the model that plugs into our existing radios. All you need is the Motocomm headset system and your own FRS/GMRS radios and you're good to go. It'd work just fine for both rider-to-rider and bike-to-bike, as long as the other bikes are using the same frequencies.

Now, if I was looking to start from scratch, I might look at the RiderLink all-in-one system that they sell. It's not that much more expensive than 2 headsets and 2 decent-quality radios, and being able to plug in my own music player or 2-way radio and have the system automatically switch between them seems like a pretty nice feature...

3. Ease

Ease Member

I use a series of leg squeezes, taps and finger pointing.

4. Marty82650

Marty82650 Member

Thanks Guys,
    The motocomm was one I bookmarked. It is just hard to bring myself to spend money just to talk to her. The only communication I really need is the leg squeezes and finger pointing.
    Marty

5. ridz

ridz Member

Same here!