1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Master cylinder snap ring pliers

Discussion in 'XJ Technical Chat' started by Marl, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Marl

Marl New Member

Before I start tearing into rebuilding my master cylinder on my 650 Maxim can someone post a could of pictures is the snap ring pliers they used? I have about 5 different sets and I want to make sure one of them will work before I get started.

Thanks much

2. Stumplifter

Stumplifter Well-Known Member

I have a standard set with interchangeable tips - pretty sure I just used the straight tips with no problem. I believe you should have no problem with your option of 5 sets.

3. schmuckaholic

schmuckaholic Well-Known Member

Since you have five sets, I don't suppose it's necessary to mention Chacal sells them. :cool: That being said, when I did mine I took a cheap pair of needlenose from Harbor Freight (or, as someone one else here put it, the "Chinese Cheesecake Factory") and ground down the tips.

The boot it's holding in place will be destroyed in the process of removing the clip, so make sure you have its replacement handy before starting.

Lightcs1776 and hogfiddles like this.
  4. Toomanybikes

Toomanybikes Well-Known Member

These ones are the shizzle . Genuine Honda

Attached Files:

5. Marl

Marl New Member

Thanks for the info, remember reading that it took a longer tip on them. I have a couple pair with a longer ish tip, just wanted to make sure they would work. Ain't much more aggravating then starting into something then realizing there is a special tool required. Then you spend the next 2 hours deciding if you want to make your own or go buy the damned thing lol