1. Hello Guest. You have limited privileges and you can't "SEARCH" the forums. Please "Log In" or "Sign Up" for additional functionality. Click HERE to proceed.

Riding Boots/Shoes

Discussion in 'Hangout Lounge' started by Dispatcher, May 24, 2007.

1. Kickaha

Kickaha Active Member Premium Member

2. Alive

Alive Active Member

Yea... Who woulda guessed??? :roll:

3. hooligan13

hooligan13 Member

I know this an older thread but I had to pump out my 2 cents worth,
    I will always wear high topped steel toed work boots since they have saved me on a few occasions. The most recent one when I was travelling through the rockies in British Columbia when a semi began losing his load of lumber(2x4"s) right in front of me at 60 mph. The 1st pieces hit me square on the foot before I could get out of the way. Scared the "crap" out of me but when I got pulled over I barely had a scrape on my boots. A small mark on the ankle and a larger scrape right on the toe.
    The 2x4 hit me square on the the toe with enough force to knock my foot off the peg but I barely felt a thing except for the heart attack it gave me!! So it will be difficult for anyone to convince me any other footwear is better. Just thought I would give you my reason's for it

4. Torren

Torren Member

Redwing 969 10" pull on motorcycle boots. Excellent product. No problems shifting, great grip, and very comfortable. Nice and high, keeps engine heat away from my legs while using the nighway bars. I bought them for riding, but i liked them so much they are my footwear of choice all the time.

http://www.redwingshoes.com/productdeta ... rodid=1067

5. Gamuru

Gamuru Guest

When I bought my boots, I really had no idea what to get other than a comfortable riding boot. I ended up getting the SIDI Stivali Way Tepor boot. I think that boot has now been replaced by the Way Tepor(?).

[​IMG]

Anyway... I've been real happy with them. Very comfortable; easy to walk in; easy to ride in. They're just an all-around great boot.

6. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

I just bought a pair of Xelement Black Supremecy dual zip boots from Leatherup.com. I haven't ridden in them yet, so I'll have to let you know how they shift.

7. daveflick

daveflick Member

8. jdpesz

jdpesz Member

Okay, I rode to work yesterday, and the new boots were fine, except they need to be broken in. They feel fine on the bike, shifting is no problem. I like the double zip feature, easy on and off.

9. Marko

Marko Member

10. IkeO

IkeO Member

great post. im boot shopping right now.

how important do you guys think steel toes are when riding?

11. Marko

Marko Member

"how important do you guys think steel toes are when riding?"

I think it depends on rider preference. I can access the controlls much easier without steel toed shoes. I really like the boots I have because of the dexterity. I think that the big question is "what boots enable you to be a safer rider". Wearing steel toed boots might protect my toes, but if I smack into some solid object at high velocity because cannot fully utilize the controls on the bike, it matters little. That being said, if I could wear steal toes without messing up my ability to control the bike, then I would do so without hesitation.

12. samtidor

samtidor Member

13. kooKyGuY

kooKyGuY Member

I have always wore some sort of steel toed work boots. I am looking at different motorcycle boots now.
    I hit a car doing about 15 - 25 mph once and I broke the second foot bone next to my big toe. I really think I would have broken every bone in my foot completely into had I not been wearing steel toed boots. I rode home without a problem after that due to the steel toes too. That is the only motorcycle accident where I had any severe injury. I learned from that accident and the few other minor ones I had. I believe in the philosophy of knowing how to wreck if it is unavoidable, but thats another discussion. :D
    Some form of heavy duty boots is always the way to go for me.

After I could walk I would only wear steel toed boots anywhere because that foot was tender for a while. I am used to kicking doors open leaving stores when my hands are full so when not riding now I only wear some form of heavy boot.

This is a great thread to see what others wear and get ides from.

14. Jackncoke

Jackncoke Member

I wear my steel toe work boots. I only wear these boots, except sometimes around the house I might wear a pair of sandals. I can shift fine, move my feet with enough dexterity ect. ect. If you wear steel toe boots long enough you become acustomed to the weight.

That and I watched an episode of B******t on HBO, they did steel toe boots... While I have worn only steel toe boots for the last 3-4 years, that episode bought me on them for good.

***Edited by Robert, Mind the language please! Thank you!***

15. Gbambeck1

Gbambeck1 Member

I just wear a shoe with a reinforced leather toe.. My work shoes are a little thin and it is actually painfull to shift.

16. kooKyGuY

kooKyGuY Member

I just got a pair of red wing boots. I only want steel toed boots for riding and they are waterproof too. So far these are great.

Attached Files:

• 2270.jpg
      2270.jpg
      File size:
      10.7 KB
      Views:
  17. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

SIDI Boots here as well.....

[​IMG]

Comfortable on and off the bike! 8)

18. XJ600S

XJ600S Member

Those of you with the Sidi's, are they worth every penny?

As a cyclist, my road shoes have always been Sidi's, and I will never go to anything else.

They look like they are excellent quality (just like my road shoes) and will last a long time.

Highly recommend them?

19. Cheesy

Cheesy Member

I would personally recommend them very highly. They are very well constructed, breath well, and are very comcortable. Only thing I would change, would be to order a pair of the Vertigo's instead, as they have more adjustable venting. Other than that, I love mine, and they still look new after two years of steady use!

20. Pacocase

Pacocase Member

I wear a pair of Wolverine work boots with no steel toe. Shifting isn't a problem. I like 'em, but maybe I'll try a dedicated pair of motorcycle boots when these wear out. It pays to be as safe as possible.